Chapter 18

Kensi's POV

"Are you sure you'll be okay Kenz?" I hugged Nia one last time before we were to board our flight.

"Positive Ni," I smiled. "Thank you so much for coming."

"Anytime sweet, you know I'd drop anything for this," she held a small smile as she picked up my shoulder bag from the floor. I accepted it from her and slung it over my shoulder before wiping a tear from my eye.

"I'll call you when I get there," I said as I started to back away.

"I'll be waiting," Nia smiled as she raised her hand to wave goodbye.

"I love you to the crater on Pluto and back!" I yelled before turning and finding my way to the gate where Ana was asleep next to Liam and Niall. I sat down beside Harry who was slowly stroking Ana's hair as she slept. Looking out the large, clear window I thought about the long hours I was about to spend in one confined space and a smile spread across my face as I realised how amazing life was right now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's a party in the USA!" I sang as I stepped off the large aircraft and made my way to the main building that was LAX. I could hear laughing behind me and I stopped dancing and turned around. A flash went off and I looked to Liam who had my camera and was still taking photos.

"What?" I said as we stood on the tarmac.

"Just keep going," Louis shook his head and fell in line beside me. The music was still playing through one earpod and I was humming to the melody as we headed to baggage claim. Once we arrived I noticed a few men all dressed in black clothing with what looked like earpieces and walked talkie systems. Oh, I thought, these are the body guards.

"Hi there, I'm Shaun," a man who looked like he was in his mid-30's said as he held out his hand. I shook it firmly and a smile spread across my face. "You must be Kensi."

"I am indeed, it's lovely to meet you."

"Same to you," I smiled again.

"Let me take that for you," he reached for my oversized suitcase and started towards what I presumed was the exits.

"Thanks," I turned to find Ana and the boys behind me. Ana's suitcase was in the hands of another body guard and I smiled at how nice they were. We made our way to the exit and thankfully there weren't many people out.

We walked out the doors and a sharp, but surprisingly warm, breeze hit my face. I pulled my jacket tighter around me and readjusted my grey beanie as we were ushered into a van and made our way to a very tall apartment complex.

"Please tell me they have beds here, cause I'm literally dead on my feet," I slumped step by step into the lobby as we made our way to the elevator and I slid down to the floor. I didn't even care if it was mid afternoon, I just wanted to sleep.

"I second that," Ana mumbled while sat beside me and rested her head on my shoulder. I put my arm around her as Zayn pressed a button and the elevator started to move.

"They look so cute," I hear a clear accent and opened my eyes to see that the doors to the shaft had opened and the boys had started filing out. But the accent was one I didn't recognise. It wasn't one of the boys and it definitely wasn't Ana. I fluttered my eyes open, a bit embarrassed that I had drifted off, and saw nine young men standing in front of me.

I opened my eyes wider as I recognised who the four new faces were and Ana lifted her head from my shoulder.

"Lou, surprise!!"

Luke's POV

"Lou, surprise!!" I heard Ariana's tired yet still excited voice as Kensi corrected her position and walked out of the elevator. Kensi pulled her bag over her shoulder and stood shell shocked in front of my band mates and I.

"Hi love," I smiled and walked over to hug her. Her small arms wrapped around my torso and she relaxed instantly. My arms rested on her back and my chin sat gently on her hair. It smelled so good. Wait, what was I thinking? I've only just met his girl. I pulled away and smiled at her. I was surprised she wasn't crying or nearly hyperventilating like most people do. It was nice. She looked so tired and I couldn't blame her, yet she stayed awake long enough to talk for a while. Once we had all introduced ourselves we made our way to our apartment for the night.

"Here you go girls," Michael smiled as he opened the door and motioned for us all to go through. Kensi immediately ran to one of the big double beds on the far side of the large room, dropping her bag at the base she flopped face down with her arms out and legs spread.

"This is so comfortable," I heard a faint muffle and notice Ariana slowly walk over to the other bed and do the exact same thing.

"They must be super tired," Ash whispered in my ear and I turned to face him.

"Jet lag strikes hard," I reply before walking over to Kensi and lying down on my back next to her. She lifted her head and looked at me, pulling her hands together and resting her cheek on them. We stayed just looking at each other while everyone else settled in. I heard a flick of the kettle switch and heard the boys all talking about who wanted what to drink but I stayed next to Kensi.

"Goodnight," I smiled before getting up and pulling the comforter back. She gladly crawled her way over to the head of the bed before slipping off her shoes and taking off her parka jacket leaving her in a long graphic tee and a pair of black leggings. She slid her legs under the covers and wriggled down the bed.

"Goodnight Luke," she smiled as her eyes drifted shut and Ana jumped in the other side, both of them falling asleep instantly.

I picked up Kensi's jacket and lined her shoes up with the bedside drawer so they stay neat. Walking over to the door I hung her coat on a hook next to Louis and Calum's before making my way to the kitchen area of the room. Calum handed me a hot chocolate as I leaned against the back of the couch and he took a place next to me.

"What happened there," he hid a smirk behind his own drink.

"All I did was sit next to her," I replied turning my head to face him. He pulled his mug down to his lap and crossed one leg over the other.

"That wasn't all."

I took a sip of the hot drink he had made me and smiled looking over at the two sleeping figures.

"You've only just met her, mate," he turned to me a look of concern on his face.

"Yeah I know, but look at her, she's beautiful," I sighed and looked at my best friend.

"I'll give it time, but I do like her," I informed him.

"Good idea," he smiled and I turned to look at her again, her shoulder rising and falling as she breathed, her ponytail falling down her neck. It was the last image in my mind before I went to sleep later that night.