Chapter: 27

Emma

"little bird, you know i love you right?" he says as he gently touches my cheek with his cold hand. I sat their still not making a slight move. He was such a cruel and pitiful being. I had no more strength to fight him.

"will you not speak to me? I wish to hear your voice my little bird. Will you not do as I request my love?" He pulls me into an embrace as I stiffen up. I hate this males touch I wish it were my mates touch. A tear runs down my cheek. 

I wish...

"I-I...I am not your little bird"  I looked at him in the eyes and glared. He hated it when I glared at him. "Don't make that face little bird." he said as he gripped me from the back of the head. It hurt but nothing like the pain he had inflicted on me in the past. 

I did not listen

As a result he chained me back on the cold wall that I grew to know so well. My back was facing him, with no warning I felt the lashes of pain. The burn I felt but I kept emotionless. I didn't once flinch in pain. I wasn't going to give him a reason more to hurt me by seeing me at my weakest.

My mate will come...I know he will.

I have to be strong for them.

"little bird look what you have made me do" he said as he hand down my back. He then lets go of me as I drop to the floor. 

I was tired

"I won't be here for a couple of days my little bird. Don't miss me so much, I'll bring you a gift when I get back."  Soon after I was sent back to my cage. The other lunas held on to each other in comfort since they all shared a cage unlike me. They were not as hurt as me. 

I wanted to take this opportunity to escape.

"Cry no longer we must be strong...I have a plan"

I woke up from my memory. I sat up as i turn to see that Zavier had gotten in bed with me and was now in deep sleep. I quietly got out of bed and walked over my window as I see the bright moon shine through the glass.

Pain can make people do many outrageous things, especially if it was do to a loss. 

He who had seemed to be a kind person was a vicious wolf in disguise. I met him once by chance didn't know he would do such a thing. He wants to overthrow the Alpha king and gain all the power to watch everyone suffer a pain greater than death.

He is capable of many things and that's why I have to stop him no matter what.

"What's wrong Em" 

I feel as Zavier wraps his arms around me. I lay my head on mis chest and sigh. 

"Its nothing"

He was no longer mad for what I had done but I could tell that there was still something that was bothering him.

"Zavier are you alright?" I ask him as I slowly raise my hand to touch his face. He sighs and leans into my touch. "I'm sorry for hurting you. Just please don't fear me, I hate to see that fear in your eyes when I approach you." he said as he kisses my cheek. 

I don't want to fear him, it was not his fault.

"I do not blame you and I have forgiven you. I wish to always be by your side no matter what." I tell him honestly.

"I love you Emma. We will overcome this challenge together as one. Nothing will ever pulls apart ever again" he said as he leans in for a kiss. 

May the moon goddess hear your words

*********

"so far what information do you have on this guy" Zavier asked as he sat in the office along with my father, mother and brother.

"The person to take my sister was the son of a former Alpha. His pack was taken over by another Alpha. His name is Conner Garcia he is the current leader to a rogue group. His location is still unknown for the moment but we have tracked down one of his bases." My brother informed Zavier as he gave him a file on Conner.

"We also know that he wanted the Lunas to make the packs weak but that backfired on him." Zavier added.

"But he has a strange obsession with Emma" mom said as she looked at me.

"When I was captive he would call me his little bird and tell me how he loved me and how I was his favorite. It wasn't until I was a year with him that I found out that the reason he payed more attention to me and treated me differently was because I reminded him of his original little bird" I tell them as I hug myself.

"What do you mean?" Zavier asked as he held my hand in his.

"He had lost his mate three years before he had started kidnapping Lunas. We didn't really resemble each other much other than our height and hair color. He had told me that my behavior was just like her. I believe that's when he began to call me little bird and wouldn't leave me alone." I stopped there not wanting to tell them anymore about that nightmare.

"Trying to take my mate to replace her with his. I won't allow it." Zavier said as he pulled me to him and gently kisses my head.

"He won't get me I won't be trapped in a cage anymore. We will take him down and make him pay for all the innocent people he has hurt and killed." I say 

He won't harm anyone any longer especially my family.

"We will prepare to go to this base. The faster we get rid of him the faster we will stop living in fear of having him hurting our family."