𝟒𝟕

Dezure Brooks | Stoney
Los Angeles, CA.

"Come on." I grabbed Lamonte's hand so we could drop the rose on Kay Kay's casket.

His face showed no emotion as he dropped his flower.

Ever since he got the news it's like his whole personality was wiped clean.

He wasn't happy and I didn't know how to help him , that shit hurts a lot.

Kayvion's funeral service was really small. I already know almost the whole city woulda showed out for him but they just want close family and friends.

Cheno even wanted to come but Lamonte said no. I thought it was kinda fucked because Kay Kay would have definitely wanted her to be here.

But I wasn't gonna tell them how they should honor their relative.

I felt bad for the boys because they all have a close bond but my heart really hurts for Evelyn. no parent should have to live longer than their child and it's happened to her twice.

I think the worst part about a funeral is the burial. Seeing that persons casket lower into the ground really crushes you.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by someone pulling on my dress.

I smirked looking down at the young boy.

"Fuck you want?" I asked Kazz.

"Wassup." Was all that he said. He was getting big.

"You out here looking like yo daddy but you actually cute tho." I picked him up and he smiled.

"Here." Lamonte passed me a shovel making me put Kazz down.

"Damn." I mumbled lookin at the dirt I had to walk in with my heels on.

"I told yo ass to bring some slides or sum shit."

I huffed before I finally said fuck it and started covering the casket that was in the ground with dirt.

My actions paused for a little as I started to feel a bit overwhelmed. Seems like life has just been getting worse.

"Man I can't do this shit." Davaughn threw his shovel to the side.

A few minutes went by before it was someone else's turn with the shovel so I went to go talk to Davaughn.

"I know it hurts Davaughn but y'all's mama needs you to be strong." I rubbed his back.

"I know but I can't."

"You can and I promise that you can."

"I don't know what life is like without him. I've never experienced going longer than a week without seeing that nigga. How did you deal with yo mama passing?"

"I tried to kill my self. It wasn't until after that I realized that she was really gone and what I attempted to do was just stupid."

"So i gotta try and kill myself?" He questioned making me smack his arm.

"Noooo , I thought I had no one to talk to so that's why I did what I did. But in reality there were so many people that I had. Get up and go bury your brother and hug the ones you do have. That's how you're gonna get through it, stay around the people that love you."