9 : Mrs Song

The next few days, everything went smoothly in the HQ. Wel, except for the occasional chaos created by the members. Yuna was with Haerin. The younger girl was checking on her wound.

"It's fine now, you don't have to restrain your movements anymore"
Haerin said as she leant back into her chair, running her fingers through her hair.

"Thanks, I'm gonna go see Taeyong for a sec"
"Okay, unnie"

Yuna exited Haerin's room, walking up the stairs into Taeyong's office slash room. She knocked on the door before hearing the person inside giving her permission to enter.

She walked in and closed the door behind her, Taeyong looking up to check who it was. Taeyong sighed.

"Did Dream cause trouble again? I thought I told them to--"
"No, no. It's not about Dream. I just wanted to ask permission to get a few things back at my house"

Taeyong raised his eyebrows. "Why would you need permission when we trust you?"

"The exact same reason whenever Jisung and Chenle go out"
Yuna's words brought laughter to the two of them, knowing well what she meant.

"Sure, you can go. Do you need some help in packing? I could ask a few members to go with us"
Yuna was about to think about it when she realized something.

"What do you mean 'us'?"
"I'm coming with you. I'm bored"
"Well, I guess it would be better if I had some help"

That was when the door opened suddenly, revealing a frowning Doyoung, who then proceeded to throw himself on the sofa inside Taeyong's office.

"The damned servers are down again, hyung. Tell them to stop messing with it"
Doyoung's voice came out muffled yet still understandable despite having his head buried into the sofa.

"I'll tell them later. I'm gonna go with Yuna to her house to get her things"
Doyoung then lifted his head, finally realizing Yuna was in the room.

"Why are you here?"
"To ask permission"
"Why would you need permission?"
"You wouldn't understand"

Yuna and Taeyong bursted into a fit of laughter when they made eye contact. Doyoung felt like he was third wheeling and he didn't like it one bit.

He felt jealous. As a friend though. At least that was what he convinced himself to be.

"I wanna go. I haven't been to that house in ages"
"Okay, I guess. You could get some of the stuff you left there as well"
"You still have my stuff?"

Yuna looked down, heart still feeling the pain she experienced years ago. Keeping her friends stuff became a reminder of what she chose to do that day.

"All of your stuff didn't move an inch, as well as the others"

An awkward silence fell upon them as the mood turned negative. Taeyong then got up and walked to the door.

"Come on, we can get your stuff then get lunch as well"
Yuna and Doyoung looked at each other before walking out together, following Taeyong.

The three walked into the living room, spotting Mark, Xiaojun and Hendery playing a board game. Taeyong walked over to them.

"Are you guys busy? Me and Doyoung are gonna go help Yuna bring her stuff here. And before you ask, yes. You're getting free food"
At the last sentence, the three ran to their room, changing into a better fit.

All of them were about to get into a car when Yuna remembered something. She turned to a corner and saw her motorbike. She called out to the boys, running to a board where Yuta arranged the keys of each vehicle, grabbing hers.

"I forgot to tell you. I should probably arrive first and greet my neighbour. I'm pretty sure she's worried sick since I didn't come home for a whole week. Here are the keys so you guys can go in first while I talk to her"

The boys nodded, Xiaojun taking the keys from Yuna. They then got on their respective vehicles. Yuna on her bike, Taeyong and Hendery in one car, Doyoung driving Mark and Xiaojun on another.

As the gate opened, Yuna drove out, heading to her house at a normal speed, arriving in 15 minutes. She parked her bike, spotting Doyoung and Taeyong's car parked further down the street. She nodded before walking to Mrs Song's house.

She knocked a few times before the door opened and revealed Mrs Song who had visibly lost weight. The woman gasped in shock, not believing her eyes. Yuna flashed a smile to her before leaning in for a hug.

From the corner of her eyes, she saw the members entering her house. She then released the woman from her hug, seeing the woman eyeing her weirdly.

"Where have you been? I was so worried when I came over a few days ago and you weren't opening the door. I didn't want to call the police in case you were just gone to visit somewhere. Thank goodness you are okay"

"I'm doing fine, Mrs Song. Just needed a few days away from home, I guess. I should've told you first. I'm so sorry"
The lie slipped out of her mouth so smoothly, almost fooling the woman in front of her, who had her suspicions.

"You should go rest then, dear"
"Uhh.. I should probably tell you something. I don't think I'll be coming home as often anymore. My friend offered for me to stay at her place since it's closer to where I work"

The woman looked down before staring right into Yuna's eyes. "I understand. Whatever you do, please stay safe and be careful, Yuna. Beware of everyone and everything around you"

Yuna nodded. The two exchanged goodbyes before Yuna walked to her house, entering as the woman watched her. Mrs Song knew she had to do the right thing but she just couldn't betray the girl whom she saw as her own daughter.

The woman sighed, feeling as if the weight of the world was thrown onto her shoulders. She didn't want to accept the truth but she had to one day. She covered her face, shutting her eyes shut.

"Should I?"

Kind of a filler chapter and some kind of spoiler for a different story

Kind of a filler chapter and some kind of spoiler for a different story. Not NCT though. And fyi, no, its not published yet.

Edited: 12/12/2020