Chapter 9

You felt like banging your head against the wall until you died. This guy kept showing up at the worst possible moments. Oikawa sat down next to your parents on the spare cushion.

"So, what school do you go to ?" Your mom questioned him.

"Oh I go to Aoba Johsai as well. Iwaizumi and I are in the volleyball club", Oikawa smiled a winning smile at your parents. Your dad looked pleased. Probably because the guy played sports.

"Oh, interesting. I've heard the volleyball club at Seijoh is very prestigious." Your parents started chatting with him about volleyball. You death glared at Oikawa. You wished you had never met him. Out of nowhere, he turned his head to you, smirked, and winked. Your face went a brilliant shade of red as you huffed and turned your head in the opposite direction. This didn't go unnoticed by your father.

Your dad raised his voice so the rest of you would pay attention, "By any chance, so you have a girlfriend ?" You internally groaned. This was how your dad was getting back at you for not telling him about your encounter with Oikawa.

"Oh, no, not at the moment", Oikawa said, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. You rolled your eyes. He didn't have a girlfriend because he was too busy flirting with every girl he laid eyes on.

"Hmmm. Are you...... interested in anybody at the moment ?" You wanted to run away.

"Well, I can't say for certain. But I do have my eyes on somebody." After he said that, he sneaked a wink at you with the eye your parents couldn't see. But your brother and Iwaizumi had a clear view of it. You saw your brother clench his teeth and look at Oikawa in hatred. Iwaizumi didn't look very happy either. You were surprised he was showing that much expression about you. I mean, you guys were never that close.

"You should be careful about who you mess with, Oikawa." Your brother glared at him as he simply smiled smugly. You didn't want things to get too tense here, so you broke the ice.

"Hey, look the meats ready ! Are you going to order Oikawa or would you like to share with us ?" You faked a smile as you tried to be polite.

"Oh, if you all are willing, I wouldn't mind sharing !" Your mom beamed over at Oikawa before sending daggers at your brother.

"Of course ! Your so polite unlike SOMEBODY at this table", your mom dug at Sam. Sam clutched his chest as he slumped over.

"Thank you !" Oikawa went ahead and started grabbing pieces. Your brother tch'ed before starting to take some. You gladly started grabbing the meat, eager to eat. As soon as you had piled your plate with as much meat it could hold you started digging in.

"Y/n ! Slow down ! Your going to eat the whole place !" Your dad joked with you as you glanced up at him with a full mouth. Just then, your mom got a phone call.

"Oh ! It's for the animation job I applied for ! I'll be right back !" Your dad patted your mom's head before she headed outside for more privacy.

"I've got to go to the restroom. Don't cause a mess, alright ?" Your dad stood up and left for for the bathroom. This wasn't good. Last time the 4 of you were alone, your brother almost brawled with Oikawa. You were lucky your mom showed up. This time there wouldn't be much you could do.

You all ate in silence as you kept devouring your food. It was awkward to say the least. Iwaizumi peered at you and then at your brother. He could tell you both were on edge. He reached his hand up and patted your back. You looked over at him and he gave you a reassuring smile. You relaxes a bit as you realized you finished your plate. Luckily there was still food left, so you went for more but were met with another pair of chopsticks. When you looked up, the pair belonged to Oikawa.

He smiled a sickly sweet smile before saying, "Oh, you can have it." You said a quiet thank you before starting to grab it.

"After all, it won't be the only meat you'll be eating tonight." You dropped the meat back onto the grill. Everything after that happened quickly, but seemed like slow motion to you. Your brother stood up so fast he flipped the table, throwing meat everywhere. Iwaizumi luckily switched off the grill just in time so that the place wouldn't burn down. He had also stood up but not as aggressively. As for you, you sat there wide eyed and unmoving, your chopsticks still suspended in the air.

Your brother had grabbed Oikawa by the collar and pulled him close to him, "Who the hell do you think you are ? Saying that to a woman, let alone my sister ! Back the fuck up, man !"

Oikawa looked shocked for a second before returning to a smug expression.

"Relax, big guy. I think she liked it." That was not what he should have said. Next thing you know, Sam is pinning Oikawa to the ground and pummeling him with punches.

"You bastard !" You all were doing the exact opposite of what your dad had told you to do. You were pretty pissed and you were about to go break it up when Iwaizumi took a step forward. He looked like a cat that got stuck in water, that's how pissed he looked. To make matters worse, your dad showed up along with your mom. All you had wanted was a peaceful dinner, but now you can't even have that anymore.

Iwaizumi dragged your brother off of Oikawa, who had started hitting back. Your brother now had a cut lip and his cheek was starting to swell up. You winced at the sight. It looked pretty painful.

Oikawa looked ten times worse. His cheeks were turning a purplish color and were swelling. His nose was bleeding at a rapid pace, getting on his clothes. You looked away from it. You never really liked blood, so the image was unsettling. You only looked back when you heard Oikawa hollowly laugh.

"That was a pretty good fight." Your mom was about to blow a fuse when an employee came up to you all.

"Excuse me, miss, I'll have to kindly ask that you leave", the employee's voice quivered as they tell your mom this. Before your mom could say anything she might regret your dad placed his hand on her shoulder.

"Ok. We'll see ourselves out." Even your dad sounded cold as you grabbed your belongings and walked outside, the cool October air biting your skin. As soon as you got outside, your mom grabbed Sam by his ear.

"What the fuck was that ! Fighting in public, wrecking the table, you guys could've set the place on fire ! And you just barely met the guy and you're already beating him up ! I thought I raised you better !" She screamed at Sam and Oikawa. Sam looked a tad guilty but still had lingering anger.

"But, mom he tried hitting on y/n-"

"I don't want to hear it ! I'm very disappointed in you. What Oikawa said couldn't have been so bad that you had to beat him up." Your mom refused to listen to your brother's side of the argument. You knew it was hopeless when she wouldn't listen to Sam. You hung your head.

"But what he's saying is true, Mrs. L/n. He said a very inappropriate phrase to Y/n. I was going to beat him up if it weren't for Sam getting there first." You were surprised by the sudden change of heart from your brothers best friend. Whenever they were together and they got in trouble, he never once spoke up to your mom. You understood, of course, your mom was not someone you want to mess with. And it seemed that him and Oikawa were close, so you didn't fully understand.

Why was Iwaizumi standing up for you ?

I need to stop updating this so late at night. I guess it's kinda a routine now. I hope you guys are staying safe out there and hope you enjoyed the chapter 💕