Chapter 35

"Iwa ? What are you doing here ?" You questioned. Iwaizumi shifted his weight awkwardly.

"I came to see you. Can I come in ? This bag is a little heavy."

"Yeah, come in." You stepped aside to let Iwaizumi step in. After carefully shutting the door, you followed him inside. The heavenly smell of McDonalds wafted through the air, a little drool escaping your mouth. Iwaizumi sat on one of the cushions and stared at you with his arms crossed. You did a cursed pose before sitting down across from him.

"So what's up ? And thanks for the food, by the way." You scrounged through the bag to find a kids meal, along with a bag filled with chicken nuggets. You pulled the nuggets out first and started shoving them down your throat. Iwaizumi reached across the table and took the bag out of your grasp.

"I want some too," he said. You both munched on your McDonalds in silence, awkward energy seeping into your bones. You were going to bring up anything to cut the tension, but Iwaizumi beat you to the chase.

"I wanted to...... apologise for how I acted the other day. It was out of line, and I'm sorry if I hurt you-"

"No, it's fine. It made me realize something." You quickly interrupted Iwaizumi, whose eyes widened a little in shock. "You made me realize it's okay to not be okay. That's a tongue twister haha."

A warm smile formed on Iwaizumi's face, ruffling your hair. You swatted at his hand playfully, followed by laughter. You stopped short when your phone buzzed in your pocket. Whipping it out, you checked your notifications.

Oink🐷: I'm here :)

Well shit, you thought. It most definitely was not going to look good on your part if Oikawa walked in and saw Iwaizumi chilling at the table with McDonalds. Well, maybe it won't be that bad. It's just two friends chilling eating McDonalds. Oh, who am I kidding ? Oikawa will probably throw a hissy fit if he sees this !

You turned to Iwaizumi, a master plan already forming. "Okay, listen. I wasn't expecting you over, obviously, that's why Oikawa is standing outside the door waiting for me to let him in."

"Why didn't you tell me this information earlier ? I would've left way earlier !" Iwaizumi hissed under his breath at you. Your phone had started to buzz out of control, being spammed by Oikawa.

"I know ! I have a plan though. Take the McDonalds and go into Sam's room. Act like you were having a sleepover." You shoved him up and out of the chair, pushing the bags into his arms.

"Wait- but I-" You didn't let him finish as you pushed him into Sam's room, making sure to shut the door before scurrying to the front door. You swung it open to reveal a grouchy Oikawa hunched over his phone.

"Hey !" You greeted with a small wave. Oikawa's face softened a little but he kept his pouty expression, putting his hands on his hips.

"What took you so long ? I thought you were abducted by aliens !" He whined dramatically. You sweatdropped.

"I dozed off and my phone woke me up." You explained sheepishly. I mean it's not the truth but I'm really not in the mood for one of his tantrums.

Oikawa jutted his lip out, crossing his arms. "I want an apology."

This big ass baby

"Sorry babe," you said sweetly. You took his arm and tried to get him inside but he held his ground.

"That's not what I meant." He complained. You took a deep breath to restrain yourself from beating the shit out of him.

"What is it, then ?" You asked sharply. The door was blowing in the freezing air and you wanted to just lay down and cuddle. Oikawa stooped to your level, his breath warming your face.