Chapter 5

The next morning Lily woke up with Marlene hovering over her. Lily yelped and jumped before realizing who it was.
"Merlin," Lily gasped and closed her eyes again. "Can I help you?" She opened one eye after a minute as Marlene still stood there.
"Are you going to tell me what happened last night?" Marlene sat down on the bed and Lily rolled over. "Is that a no?" Lily put the pillow over her head and Marlene started poking her. Lily groaned and then quietly told Marlene of last nights events.
"And then he said it didn't have to be the last time," Lily concluded and sat up.
"Well what are you going to do?" Marlene asked.
"Nothing."
"What the hell do you mean nothing?" Marlene crossed her arms. "You told him you like him and then you're just not going to do anything? That doesn't make any sense."
"I don't know Marlene! It's weird, okay! Our whole friendship has been kind of weird," Lily said uncomfortably.
"Yeah because you two shouldn't be friends," Marlene rolled her eyes and got off Lily's bed. She was headed towards the door and Lily jumped up to follow her. She followed Marlene out and down to the common room in slippers, sweat/sleep pants, and James's hoodie. Lily tied her hair up as they went down the stairs.
"What do you mean we shouldn't be friends?" Lily asked Marlene quietly and scrambled after her out of the hole.
"Don't you think it's been weird for a reason?" Marlene asked as if it was obvious.
"We have a weird history."
"No. When you two enter a room, there is raw romantic tension that could be cut with a knife. I would say sexual tension but that's Sirius and I," Marlene flipped her hair so she could shoot Lily a little smirk. "Your friendship hasn't worked because you should be dating. It's kinda hard to think about friends and what friends do when all you're thinking about is his strong arms holding you down, and his hands running through your hair-" Marlene acted everything out dramatically and Lily rolled her eyes.
"Talking about me?" Sirius had snuck up behind the girls and spun Marlene around. He placed his hands on her hips and kissed her quick.
"Always," Marlene grinned and grabbed his hand to hold.
"Nice outfit Lily," Sirius looked at Lily in her slippers and pajamas. Lily gave a sarcastic smile and followed them into the great hall. Lily sat down next to Remus and Sirius sat down next to Peter and Marlene on the opposite side.
"Where's Potter?" Marlene asked while helping herself to eggs and bacon.
"Said he had to take care of some business," Remus said as he flipped the page of the daily prophet.
"Aren't you going to eat Lily?" Marlene asked as Lily put her head down.
"No," Lily's voice was muffled. Remus and Marlene exchanged a look while Sirius continued to stuff his face.
"Why not? You need your energy for today," Marlene spoke in a mother-like tone.
"No."
"What's wrong, Lily?" Remus asked kindly.
"She can't eat when she's stressed and in love," Marlene half whispered and grinned at Remus. Lily groaned in response.
"I think I'll go back to the common room," Lily slowly sat back up and felt someone sit next to her.
"Good morning James!" Marlene smiled even wider. "So wonderful you could join us. Lily say good morning," Marlene kicked Lily under the table. In response Lily slowly lowered her head back to the table. "She's in a mood today but don't worry she really means is 'good morning James. Thanks for last night I had fun and would love to do it again,'" Marlene imitated Lily.
"'I'm so glad you said that Lily,'" Sirius began to imitate James, "'I also had the best time drinking butterbeer and nothing else at all and would love to do it again,'" Lily lifted to put her chin on her hands to see Sirius and Marlene shaking hands. Over at the next table, Emily was staring daggers at the group of them.
"I think this counts as bullying and I'm going to remove myself from this hostile situation," Lily said while smiling ever so slightly. She stood up and paused before looking at James. "Nice not telling anyone by the way," Lily nodded and smiled with her eyebrows raised.
"You obviously also told Marlene," James was grinning. Lily started walking away and James called after her: "Nice sweater, Evans," loud enough for most of the hall the hear. Lily smiled and turned around while walking to give James the finger before walking back to Gryffindor common room.