Chapter 17

Nothing that exciting happened during potions. Lily worked quietly with James on the potion and the rest of the day flew by. Lily and Marlene went up to the dormitory after Charms to lay down before going out with the boys.

"You're going to forgive him, right?" Marlene asked as the girls changed out of their uniform. Lily put on a red turtleneck sweater and put her locket over it that had a picture of her and her parents in it.

"Probably," Lily sighed and tightened the belt around her jeans. She looked at herself in the mirror and looked at herself from multiple angles. "I feel like we rushed into this though. I mean one day we're friends and the next the whole school knows we're dating. There's just so much happening this year," Lily sighed and Marlene nodded. She had put on black skinny jeans and a tight bubblegum pink long sleeve shirt. She was putting lipstick on and Lily watched while sitting on the bed.

"I get that. You need to remember, he's still James Potter. He's not perfect, but you're not either. You know he pranks. It's what they do," Marlene pointed out and Lily didn't respond. "You'll be fine," Marlene assured her and Lily nodded. The girls walked out of the dormitory and down to the common room. The boys were waiting for them, Sirius rather impatiently, by the portrait hole.

"Took you long enough," Sirius opened the door to let Marlene and Lily out first.

"It takes time to look this good," Marlene winked and Lily shook her head with a smile. It seems they weren't the only group that had the idea of sneaking out to go to the three broomsticks as when they got there, Lily noticed another group of Ravenclaws from their grade and a couple Hufflepuffs. The six of them sat down at a table next to a window. One one side of the bench was Lily, Marlene, and Sirius. The other side had Remus, Peter, and James. Sirius brought everyone a butterbeer and Lily smiled before taking a long drink.

"Evans, are you a virgin?" Sirius blurted out and Lily choked on her drink, as did James and Marlene.

"Why do you want to know?" Lily asked and looked past Marlene. Sirius took another drink and shrugged. "Okay well I'm not going to tell you," Lily laughed and played with the locket around her neck.

"Okay what if we all say then, is that fair?" Sirius rolled his eyes dramatically.

"Who's to say I won't lie," Lily grinned and Sirius clicked his tongue.

"Only lame people lie, are you lame? Didn't think so," Sirius said. "I'll start. I'm not a virgin," he said and Lily rolled her eyes.

"When'd you do it first?" Lily questioned.

"Fourth year," Sirius said and James started laughing.

"Yeah and didn't she say if sex felt like that she would never have sex ever again," James said and Sirius folded his arms as they all burst out laughing.

"Virgin," Remus shrugged and Peter said the same.

"Lost it last year," Marlene threw up the peace sign and Lily smiled.

"Virgin," James said and Lily raised her eyebrows in surprise.

"Same here," Lily told Sirius who nodded.

"Now what was everyone's happy memory for the patronus," Sirius asked and Lily took a drink to try and avoid people noticing her ears getting red.

"That's way to personal," Marlene rolled her eyes and Sirius whispered something in her ear that made her laugh. Before any of us could question, two Hufflepuffs sat down next to James on either side. Lily rolled her eyes at the boldness of them and tried to ignore them as they attempted to chat James up. Everyone could feel how dry the conversation was with James's friends and we all watched.

"I have a girlfriend," James said finally after some uncomfortable eyebatting.

"We heard you two were having issues," The hufflepuff glanced at Lily who rolled her eyes even harder than before if it was possible. James was able to get them to leave somehow and the rest of the night was filled with some awkward conversation until we all decided it was time to go back to the castle.

"Come with me?" James whispered in Lily's ear and she nodded. The two of them fell to the back of the group and James then pulled her off the main trail and started along a road that led to the Shrieking Shack.

"I'm sorry," Lily sighed and sat down next to James on a bench that looked at the shack. "I'm tired of everyone knowing our business all the time and I know you prank it's just... having been on the receiving end a couple times even though it was by accident wasn't fun," Lily looked at James and he nodded, taking her hands.

"You know who's handwriting that was, on the paper," James said quietly and ran circles over her hand with his thumb. "It was payback for him cursing me. I'm sorry I didn't tell you," he squeezed Lily's hands gently. "I may be stupid but I promise I'm not as stupid as I used to be."

"I didn't say you were stupid," Lily laughed a little and James smiled.

"So we're all good?" James asked and Lily nodded. He smiled and pulled her into a hug. They stayed, wrapped in each others embrace for a while until Lily looked up at him.

"What was Sirius trying to tell me in class today?" Lily asked and James smiled.

"I'll answer that if you tell me what your happy thought was," he grinned cockily. "Mine was after the quidditch game when won and I saw you coming towards me and then when we kissed," he kissed Lily's forehead and she closed her eyes.

"I would pick this moment right now," she said quietly and James squeezed her shoulders. "I did when we laid in bed together."

"So you like the relaxing moments," James made a mental note as Lily nodded.

"Adventure is nice but there's going to be way too much of it soon. Show me," Lily whined. James grinned and took his wand out.

"Expecto Patronum," James almost whispered and a beautiful stag burst out of his wand and ran around before disappearing. "So naturally everyone now knows we're soul mates," James grinned and knocked into Lily lightly as her mouth fell open and she laughed a little.

"I guess we are," she smiled and leaned over. Her lips met his and the world around them faded away.