Apology.

'She's awake,' someone said, & I jolted to sit up. My head ached with severe pain that made me groan, but I still looked around the room curiously. A nurse adjusted my bed while I did so; wait...                                                                                                                                                                                     The room was white wholly, & the bed was comfortable. There was a TV, in the room.                      Ah, this is a VIP room...

    'Why am I in a VIP room?' The door opened abruptly, & a man in neat suit came in. He wore rectangular glasses, with his hair gelled back; he looked stupid, but intelligent. Stupid in the unhandsome way. (pretty sure that's not a real word)

   'I see you have waken up.' That tone... did I know him? Why is he acting so familiar with me? 

'Young lady, do you remember the number of the car that hit you?'                                                                Young lady? O~oh, I like being called that, & as for remembering...

'Of course, I have a photographic memory.' Why is he asking me that? Could it be... that he's trying to cover up the incident? Why? The people who hit me didn't seem to be from a wealthy family, or... perhaps they have connections. Of course, they could shut the witnesses up, but the victim's word would be absolute. Though, they can use my head injury as an excuse, if I remember the numbers exactly without making  a single mistake, it would be suspicious, & of course I do remember...

  '4567-' the nurse laughed, cutting me off.

     'Oh the poor kid... her head is injured seriously. Photographic memory?' she laughed again, while I wondered why she was laughing. There's no way I'm mistaken; are they trying to         make-believe? 

The man sighed as he took small steps to reach me, making me scowl in distaste, but he paused when he noticed my scowl. So, he threw a white envelope to my lap;                                                              'This is for compensation-'

'Hah! Compensation? Why do you think I'd stay-'

'There's $ 60,000 inside, & we're also paying your hospital bills until you fully recover.'                   

'Deal, but on one condition,' I told him with no further hesitation, taking the envelope that was strangely bigger than it usually should be in my hand.

   'What is it?'

'I want all the people who sat in the car when I was in accident to apologize to me; not just the driver, but the ones who were sitting next to him, & behind.' His eyes narrowed thoughtfully, & I was curious as for his reaction. 

 I don't care of what big importance they have, & I don't know who exactly they are, but I know if you're trying to compensate a person, you should do it until they're satisfied. At least for me.'