If it was Isabelle...

After leaving my uniform at the dry cleaning, I went to my favorite cafe; I realized I had nothing to do except study, just like before. They say true loneliness is when you're surrounded by people but there's no one who truly understands you, I wonder if that's how it was for Rhys...

I pushed the door open, & walked out of the cafe; it was getting colder lately. The weather's finally starting to kick in, huh? As I walked along the street with no real destination, I thought I saw Rhys being dragged off by men in suit. No, not dragged. It was more like he was following them secretly, & they hadn't noticed him, yet.

 I looked around; is anyone seeing this? But no one was around, I hadn't even noticed myself wander into a dark, empty alley. 

'Figures,' I muttered as I watched him disappear behind the corner after them; what do I do? It was never mentioned in the novel about Rhys's involvement with these kinda thugs, & he definitely won't die now, at least according to the original plot line but that was before I became involved. What if my interference effected Rhys enough to change his fate, & role in the novel? Of course, if you block the one flow of water, it will flow in an another direction. Is that how it is?

 I clenched my hands, & sprinted after him, to the corner he disappeared off to. It didn't even come to mind that I could get hurt, or it was dangerous. The only thing on my mind was if Rhys was ok. I should've known from the start, to feel that strongly about a character inside a novel won't be too good for me.

 'How will we do it?' I slowed down when I heard the voice, & walked more quietly off to the corner alley. 

'The lady just said to watch him for now; we have to inform her immediately if he acts suspicious.'

 'If there's anyone he's particularly close with...' they suddenly became silent, and I heard a whisper; 'Go check it out, if there's someone you know what to do.'

 I started to panic, with no idea what to do, suddenly a large hand covered my mouth, & my arms were twisted, held together tightly by a strong grip. I tried to struggle, but it was hard to do so when you were being dragged back by your head, with your hands caught behind. My breath was running out, but I couldn't do anything with my hands held at my back. I was so focused on getting out, I didn't even notice where I was being dragged to but then it suddenly let go, & I glanced back with my hands clenched to study my enemy, but I froze when I saw it was Rhys who was behind me. My heart thundered for a few seconds, before he opened his mouth.

 'You should really keep yourself to your own business,' he said, looking angry, & something twisted in my gut; he looked like he was blaming me for getting caught. Well, it was my fault for following him, but I was only... if it was Isabelle, he'd ask if she was ok first of all, no he did ask that after saving her. I bet he found saving me actually bothersome, & he regrets it.

 I stomped my foot down hard though it didn't make loud noise as I hoped it would, & huffed; 'Who asked you to save me, anyways?! It's none of your business if I end up dying.'

 He scrunched his brows, though it only made him look more attractive instead of mad; 'Oh I shouldn't have, alright,' he said, & left, leaving me alone in the open street. I kept staring at the ground long after he left without even moving an inch, as his words rang in my head repeatedly.

 He wouldn't have said that if it was Isabelle... 

'And, I shouldn't have been worried about you,' I muttered out of nowhere, unclenching my hands with a sense of defeat.