Mythology class.

Tuesday:

Let's just say, the same harassment happened to my desk today, & like yesterday, I had to sit on teacher's seat, because no one wanted to help me bring a bench from the gymnasium for certain reasons. Some reasons like the fact that anyone who helped me except Lucas, & Rhys would be also harassed together with me by the girls. And of course Rhys wouldn't help me (also Lucas) not that I need their help. Some girls jeered, & gossiped about me, and the funny thing was, I was right before them, so I heard every detail of it. No, wait. That's not funny, that's just pathetic. Being made fun of by novel characters, after being sucked into a novel... god, if the sky starts to fall, I don't think I'd feel surprised no more. I didn't give Lucas his jacket today either, you know I actually wanted to piss off his fans even more. How they reacted so seriously was amusing for me.

 The classes passed quickly, & the one I've been waiting for, mythology soon started;

'Good morning, everyone.'

  'How was your d...?' he paused when he noticed me sitting before the class, to be precise, on his seat. 

 'Oh... anyways, let's start the lesson shall we? You don't have to write down anything, but you guys need to take a full participation here, ok?' he asked, glancing at me for a second.

 'So, last time, I gave you an intro for the myths about how the earth was created with multiple possibilities of existence in different space, & time. Today we will fully learn about dimensions, & possible scientific answers for them. Do any of you have an idea of what dimension is interpreted as in math?'

 'A measurement of length in one direction,' Lucas answered staring at the teacher with a smile & all eyes turned towards him, including mine but I looked back at the teacher when he said in return;

'Indeed, it is a measurable extent of a particular kind, such as length, breadth, depth, or height but the dimension i'm talking about, is a little different from the definition in art, or math. It isn't scientifically proven of course, but this is a mythology class after all.'

 He took a chalk in his hand; 'Let's imagine, there could be different person standing right at where I am, teaching a class like I am, but I can't see them, & either can they. Exactly where we are, but in a wholly different universe, not in the past, or future but the present. A different dimension, parallel universe.'

 The class was absolutely silent, with every students' eyes on the teacher, maybe even Rhys's. I raised my hand before the teacher could open his mouth, making him look a bit irritated but I didn't care, couldn't;

 'If parallel universes exist, does that mean different versions of ourselves also exist?' Could this body be...? He smiled with a satisfactory look;

 'That is a very good question, but I am afraid not.'

'Why?'

 'Who knows,' he shrugged as his gleaming dark eyes met mine, & I thought I saw a flash of red in them; 'Maybe they do exist, or maybe not.' My brows furrowed in confusion; What? What was that just now? And he didn't even have a hint of hesitance when he answered before, but he's suddenly acting like he doesn't know anything. 

 'As I said, this isn't scientifically proven, & it is after all just a myth,' he said, with a mocking smile like he knew something I didn't but I doubt that the other kids even noticed how his eyes gleamed with psychotic light when he said it was all just a myth. Like he believed those so called myths himself.

'Have any of you heard the myth of the old man's time? The ones who know the myth please raise your hands.' The majority of the class raised their hands, & Lucas was one of them. Rhys just stared at the teacher with indifferent look his hand under his chin.

 'The old man's time?' I muttered to myself, as he suddenly brought up a subject totally irrelevant.

'Long time ago, there was an old man soon to die of old age. The whole village knew the old man was dying, so they kept away from his house as far as possible. Only the young boy in the village visited the old man from time to time, to keep him company in the face of death. The young boy didn't want the man to die so soon, as he was his only friend though old. One day foreigners from far away land came to the village, & they told such wondrous tales to the villagers for gratefulness to their hospitality. The tale was about-' the bell rang, & the teacher smiled when he noticed some of the students staring at him curiously; 'You can hear the myth from your classmates, do I doubt they'd sound as interesting as I did. It's all about who tells the tale.'

...

  I stared down at my food as I sat in the table alone. Elena sat before me, & this time, she was alone for once; 'Don't you have any friends? I want to leave you alone like that, but it keeps bothering me because you look so pathetic.'

 'Where are your minions?' I asked without looking up; 'They said they didn't want to sit at one table with you, so I just left them.'

 'I don't understand why you bother, it's not like you get anything by doing this.'

'I'm not doing this to get anything! Can't I just do what I want...?' she paused, when I looked up at her coldly; 'Well then, let's just be frank. You're actually close to Rhys Tristan, aren't you?'

 'Who says?'

'You're in one class with him-'

'Lots of other girls are,' I cut her off, trying not to frown; 'But, when I ask them they only talk about how charming he is, & handsome, & smart, &... they know nothing except that.'

 'What makes you think I do?'

'You're observant,' she said, & I raised my brows; 'Rather than talk unnecessary things, you watch. If you don't know, you don't act like you know.'

    Ah, I thought she was kinda idiotic, but she's... rather dangerous. It wasn't that she changed when Isabelle first came to the school, she was like this from the start. Like a tiger hiding their claws, & teeth...

 'But that still doesn't mean I know him,' I said, carefully watching her reaction, & she shook her head with confidence; 'You do.'

'Then all your attempts have been futile; a person who brings out their hidden dagger to help a wild animal, can be only called stupid. Instead, I'll give you an advice; when you're hurt, what you need most is a person to lean on, not to attack the one who hurt you.'

 I wonder if she can use my advice, if she's able to... bitter feeling seeped into my chest, like a tissue soaking in water but I didn't show a hint of change on my face.