The last days of August (part 3)

-What do I do now? Do I get out of the way? Or, do I just walk past him?

    'You're that girl, I... '

-Is he talking to me? I hesitated for a second, before I heard a girl shriek behind; 'He's talking to me!'   

-Ah, so he wasn't. I naturally assumed there was someone he knew behind me at the same moment I decided to walk past him to the classroom that was selling out uniforms. So, I passed him before he could finish what he was saying; he must've forgotten me by now, so I'll also act like I did. If I suddenly act so familiar with him, & he doesn't recognize me, that'd be so embarrassing for me.   

'Hey, wasn't he trying to talk to you right now?' Elena asked, frowning while I lead her forward.

   'No way, I don't even know him-' a voice chuckled behind me, but I ignored it, & went inside the large gymnasium with Elena. A stall was built up there; female senior year uniform, male senior year uniform, & then, that's ours!

   'The uniform's cute!' Elena exclaimed as she took the one that would fit her; light pink flared skirt above the knee, loose white cotton shirt, necktie that matched the skirt, & a short black jacket over the waist that had no buttons. Not to mention it also had a belt, & knee-high black socks. No wonder it was so expensive, the whole thing screamed quality.

  I sighed; what a waste of money. $ 650! It's just too much, if I had to think  I have about $ 59250 left from my beautiful $ 60000. I took the uniform that would fit me, skirt of size 40, jacket 42, white shirt 80. The white shirt I chose was too big for me, but I hadn't found a size smaller, & if I went for the 76, or other, it would be too small for me. So, I took them to the middle aged woman, bought them, & had them put in a fancy back neatly, with all the set.                                             Why don't they just try selling pen with it? That'd be a nice combo, I thought sarcastically. 

'Hey, where'd your friend go?' 

  'You left her back there in the crowd, & you're seriously asking me that?'

'You're right, I don't care at all.'

   'Hah! You rude little brat! How dare you-!'

'Are you saying you care about her?If you do, you can go back, & find her, I will be waiting here.' Elena, & Michealla's relationship is very complicated; on the outside, they would seem like friends as they are always together, but it is rumored that they have a great rivalry, so no one would dare call them close, but on the inside, they care about each other. Yet, they can't stand breathing the same air. One can't live without the other, Michealla treasures Elena as her rival, but when Elena chases after Isabelle, & pays her no mind, Michealla will use all her power to take Isabelle down. Their drama was quite amusing, but they weren't all that important. The dark horse... the final villain... would've been revealed at the novel's second book, but I had no wish to read it since Rhys died in the first book. I knew, from how much I cried, & suffered when Rhys was poisoned in the first book of the series, I would still cry every time Isabelle mentions Rhys, even if she doesn't, I would cry. So, as long as I save him, I don't care what happens to Isabelle, Lucas, Or Allan, not at all. I just have to save Rhys.

 '...-ey!' I looked up in surprise; 'You're not listening.'

   'Yeah, I wasn't.'

'You're really...' she suddenly became quiet, her eyes widening, & her mouth hanging open. I also noticed the kids in the gymnasium started to chatter excitedly, & so, I turned back, where she was staring at. 

 'Rhys...' his name slipped out from my mouth; 'That's... Rhys Tristan, right?' Elena asked me from behind me, & I laughed for some reason.

 She makes him sound like an idol, like he isn't supposed to be here... but I already knew he was going to be here.

  When I turned back to her, I saw her love-struck look & though I had thought I could use her in that way, I didn't like it. My frozen expression when I saw her eyes reflecting him, & the bitter feeling that welled up inside my chest, I just brushed it off as like it was nothing. 

It probably was nothing, anyways.