The Halloween party.

Costume? Mask?

I walked around in the street, watching the kids in costume run around excitedly; where am I supposed to find those? And, what do I cosplay as? I can't stand corpses, & there will be lots of them... at the party. 

 My mood immediately darkened; can I stay calm, if I meet face to face with one? Hah, of course I can. Who am I kidding? Just bite down my lips not to cry out, & when I see one, I'll close my eyes. Yes, I can do that, easy. 

 I entered the store; so, the only problem left now... what do I wear?

...

  This is ridiculous, I hate this. I hate this costume, I hate this mask, I hate the 'me' who decided to come here, & I hate all the money I spent on the knee-high brown boots, dress, hat, everything.

 I crossed my arms as I waited for the gymnasium open; they were staring at me. I hate this prickly feeling I have on my back. I hate how they're gazing at me as if I was a drunk person, or maybe stupid. I'm not stupid, but this costume is.

 It finally opened, & kids rushed in. I was the last one to come in, & flinched when I saw all the spiderwebs, skeletons, & tombstones. The music... too loud, my ear drums are being tortured.

 Wow, 2 seconds in, & I already want to go out. What the heck was I thinking? Why did I come here? Am I crazy? They say real geniuses are crazy, does that work for me too? 

 I spotted a long table full of snacks, & juice; oh, nice. They even prepared for this. I found myself walking to the buffet unconsciously, & of course, unconsciously picking up a fruit tart to put it in my mouth.

Masquerade Halloween party... who the f*ck came up with that ridiculous idea? Oh, actually I bet this is just for novel purposes. For fan-service, the author wrote this part. Not your typical fan-service, but-

 Murmuring started; it was incredibly a loud murmur considering how it overcame the music just like that.

 'They're here,' I heard a squeal, & turned towards where everyone was staring towards; the gymnasium gate.

   The first thing I noticed was that they were wearing black suits, with all different masks; I couldn't exactly see well because of the darkness. Are they filming a movie, or what? I thought cringing, when I saw them walking forward in a triangle shape. The senior with white mask in the front, the pale blue masked one on his right, & the green masked one on his left.

Gasps erupted as the three stopped in middle of the dance field, & immediately people surrounded them, I was unable to see them after that.

 The one with white mask Marcus, one of the other two is Daniel, & the last one is Alex. They seem popular, seemingly like Lucas, Rhys, & Allan. Senior versions of them, I suppose.

  I took another fruit tart into my mouth, & chewed it; ah, it's so good!

'Aubrey?' when I looked up, I met a guy with blood red mask, next to one with black mask. Ah? 

'Why are you here?' the red masked one tried to ask me over the music, & I finally recognized them as Lucas, and Allan.

 Does that mean Rhys came? Where is he? I gulped down the tart; 'Why can't I be here?' 

 'What?' I rolled my eyes, & pulled his head down by grabbing his collar; 'I said why can't I be here?'

  'Ah...' he muttered something, but I couldn't hear it because of the loud music; 'What?'

'I never knew you enjoyed parties,' he said in my ear. In the corner of my eyes, I saw Allan leaving us, going to the dance field.

 'Oh, yes. I definitely enjoy the loud music killing my eardrums, & all these people crammed into one space, with me. That's why I'm here!' I smiled when I finished, & he frowned, scrunching his brows.

 'Then, why did you come here?'

'Oh, I'm also wondering that. Now that I think about it, I'm so out of here,' I told him, & took one tart before I turned to go, but Lucas yanked me back just before I ran into a skeleton. The tart dropped on the floor, & I regretfully stared down as my back was facing him with my wrist in his grip.

  'Would you like to dance with me?' he said in my ear, & as if on clue, the music changed into a slower tone, something similar to say you won't let go; 'I can't dance.'

 'What? I didn't hear that,' he said, & pulled me into the dance field.

 I intentionally stepped on his feet many times, but he wordlessly took my abuse, staring at my face with wonder.

 'I haven't told you this, but you actually look pretty in that costume.'

'And you... look the same as usual,' I said, attacking his feet again, & he flinched; he was trying to use his playboy charm on me. Idiot, I don't get charmed.

'I'll take that as a compliment,' he smiled, his eyes gleaming behind the mask; 'If you want to.'

 He tried to spin, but I tripped. Luckily, he caught me by me waist before I could fall, & pulled me up; 'So, you weren't kidding when you said that you can't dance.'

 'And, you heard me say it, but still acted like you didn't.' He chuckled; 'I can't help it, you look too beautiful to be ignored.' 

 I was surprised when I heard it first, but then I remembered him saying this to every lady he wanted to charm particularly. He also said this to Elena's roommate (in the novel);

 'My lady-'

'I don't know anything,' she said, already starting to get nervous but Lucas had smiled charmingly at her then. Isabelle didn't like that smile he gave the girl, & she understood it as jealousy, what actually was alarm.

 'My lady, I don't care about such trivial things; know that, if Elena decides to frame you, you will have no escape but I can't let you go down like that.' His hand softly stroked her cheek.

'You're too beautiful to be ignored.' He persuaded her just like that, charmed her, & in the end, besides Elena it was her roommate that stood, receiving the punishment. When she looked at Lucas with eyes full of expectations, he had smiled. A smile so warm, & gentle, unlike his cruel eyes. It didn't end with only that, their family also had gone bankrupt out of nowhere, & Elena's father was arrested, along with her roommate's for illegal business. 

 I almost burst into a smirk; the bastard he is. Well, let's act according to his wishes.

   My head turned away from him; 'What's wrong?' he asked.

'N-nothing! Don't mind it,' I stuttered, looking down at the ground. I decided to see this Daniel, Marcus, & Alex trio later. For now, I've found my new amusement.