Chapter 28.

I groaned as I put my face down into my the pile of papers; 'Ugh, this is all your fault.'

 'Hey, how is this my fault? It's not like I asked you to kiss me,' he grumbled, & I jumped up from my seat making him jolt back in surprise; 'If it wasn't for your stupid-'

'Be quiet! Sit down,' the librarian scolded, & I slumped back in my seat like a lifeless doll; 'Oh, I'm so screwed. When I get the chance those girls will be found dead the next morning in their dorms.'

 'At least do your part, dammit.'

Earlier, Thursday morning; 

 Ah, this is... getting kind of irritating; my table was turned upside down, painted with blood red. Don't they get tired of this? I for one, certainly am. Ah, whatever. It's not like I'm the one wasting my time, & mind doing this useless sh*t that won't affect me anyway. 

 I walked to the teacher's seat in front of the class instead of mine, but stopped when one girl blocked my way, Lucy. She had her arms crossed, glaring at me with spiteful eyes. I hadn't really seen her around since that time in the cafeteria.

 'You... you made Jennifer cry, don't you have any shame? How could you bully a helpless girl like that?'

 'Helpless? Hmm, yeah sure,' I tried passing her, but she blocked my path; 'If you realize you did something wrong, you should apologize.'

 'I'll apologize if she begs for my forgiveness first-'

'Hey, you!! You, how could you do that?'

'Mm, what did I do?'

 'You... I told you, you bullied the girls who were just passing by.'

'If that's your only excuse for picking a fight with me, you better leave-' she pushed me back hard, making me stumble, & almost fall back but I caught myself by leaning on the wall; 'You're irritating, nobody wants you here. Are you so stupid that you don't get something as simple as that?'

     Stupid? My eyes widened at her remark.

'Did you lose your brain somehow?' she asked, as I pulled myself straight; hah. My brain is better than all of the girls here put together, who does she think she's talking to?

 When I glared up at her, she flinched, & took a step back. On the other hand, I walked to her slowly & charmingly, like a tiger hunting its prey.

'What are you...?' she asked, looking terrified, but I wasn't going for her from the start; I stopped before Lucas's table, & he looked up at me with slightly dazed look. My eyes flashed right before I grabbed his tie, & pulled him up to my face. My lips smashed his, & scream sounded. I saw his eyes widen in surprise with my eyes open, & staring into his, but before he could push me away, my long hair swished back from strong wind, and loud glass shatters sounded, making me pull back to look at my right side where the window glazing was shattered in pieces. 

 'You... you!' a girl was screaming with a water-bottle in her one hand, but before she could finish we heard a voice ask; 'What the heck happened here?'

 'She... she did this!' Lucy exclaimed, & the other girls started to agree, I didn't even have the time to deny, so all I could do was to drag someone down with me; 'Lucas, & I were the ones who did it.'

 Which leads us back here, in the library;

  'How come there's no camera in the classroom? What kind of idiot-'

'Stop complaining, I got dragged here with you when I was just minding my own business.'

   'Yes! Instead of minding your own business, you could've stopped them, & none of this would've happened.'

'You think I have a control over them?! I-'

 'Hey, you two there! Be quiet! This is my last warning.' With a grumble I took the pen in my hand, & started to write the words 'I won't do it again,' over, & over again.

 'Shouldn't you apologize to me for kissing me without my-'

'Whatever, you do it all the time with your girlfriends, don't you? What's the big deal?' When he didn't answer, I looked up to see his face as red as a tomato, & burst into laughter.

 'Hey, I told you!' the librarian screamed, & I held the laughter in my mouth. 

'Sorry, sorry,' I apologized with a sigh; 'Hah.'

 'Well, have you ever kissed before?' he grumbled, looking down at his paper to hide his face; 'I sure did, but wow. I didn't expect that from you.'

 'Just shut up, & do your work.'

'How many girlfriends do you have? I mean, did you have?'

 'I don't know, probably more than twenty in the school.'

'Waah, & you never kissed? What do you do on your dates? Go to amusement parks?'

 'What's wrong with that?' he asked looking up, & I paused; 'Actually nothing, but is just seems so childish for you. I didn't even think you'd be a virgin.' He flinched.

 'That's enough,' he held up his paper for me to see; 'Look what I wrote here because I got distracted. It says "a virgin," in case you can't read.'

 'But seriously, you seem like the player type, but-'

'You become a player because you're popular?' he asked with a hint of bitterness in his voice; 'Ah... maybe. It all depends on the person, & I've never met someone like you, so I wouldn't know.'

 'You're... so strange.'

'What's that supposed to mean?' I looked up from the paper, & asked; 'It's cause your weird.'

'Hah? Well, you're weird too.' He chuckled, & after that, we didn't talk at all. For hours, we only wrote in silence, but that wasn't at all awkward, it was comfortable and I felt like we became closer. Closer with a novel character, how ridiculous. Despite my thoughts, I still smiled though.