Chapter 21

He dragged me on until we were in an empty hall.

'Are you alright?' he asked, turning back to me with a smile; waah! I knew it! This guy just saw a girl get splashed by a sauce in front of all the kids in the school, & he's actually asking me if I'm alright, with a smile!!

 'You didn't even seem fazed back then,' he suddenly said; 'Normally people would be embarrassed.' He burst into laughter, & bended down trembling.

 'But, I guess someone who's willing to get hit for sue money is definitely not normal.' He sighed, & looked up; 'Sorry, did I startle you?'

'... I'm going, goodbye.' I turned around to leave, but he grabbed my wrist; 'Waah, you're really cold-hearted. Won't you thank the person who's helped you even once? You didn't thank me back then, too.'

 'Back then... you went away before I could,' I said, even though I wasn't going to say thank you then either.

 'So you do remember me? I mean, you said... never mind that for now. Won't you thank me?'

 'Mm...  thank you-'

 'Wait, wait!' he cried, bringing his palm before my face; 'Not like that. You can just owe me a favor.'

'A favor...' Gee, how lucky am I? Now I owe two favors; 'What favor?'

   He smiled even more brightly; 'I will tell you later. For now you can just act like you don't know me.' This sounds familiar... wait! This is... but why would he ask me that? I'm not close to Rhys, nor he likes me. So, why is he asking for a favor he would ask from the heroine a year later? Did I somehow change the plot of the novel? That's good, this way I can be sure that I can save Rhys but... him asking me from what he should from the heroine... 

 'Do I look attractive to you?' I suddenly asked, making him freeze instantly. Like that commercial "instant freeze," or something, but in the literal way. Then he burst out laughing.

 'Wow, even older women who hit on me don't ask that straight; you're quite courageous, & I'm sorry for leading you on, but you're really not my type.'

 Of course, I knew that. What part of me looks like Isabelle, you idiot?

I felt my skin tingle from embarrassment; 'I know that! Goodbye,' I said, & rushed away from him. I had to bite my lips to stop myself from saying "you're not my type either! I won't hit on you even if we're the only two people left on earth."

 Ugh! Why did I ask that? I'm so... smart, but that was stupid. I'm just being careful, so there's no need to feel embarrassed like this, it's not like I actually like him. 

 Only when I came into my dorm did I realize I didn't give his jacket back to him.