The sword dance ( part 3)

Only when the music ended, did I notice my sore muscles. It was aching, & trembling, unable to keep the perfect form; Is it because I haven't moved this actively for a long time? Of course, I haven't danced for ten years in most, it would be a shock if my forms were as good as before.

  The crowd applauded, & I put down the swords without looking at them; I bowed courteously. My arms, & legs were trembling with tiredness, my back sleek with sweat.

  Somehow, it reminded me of the first performance I gave; it was a total failure, but this time, it ended well. Maybe because I knew, no one before me was real. Though they looked like human beings, & even believed themselves to be so, they were yet a paper puppet, following the author's orders. No one in this world, was real. The strange sense of invulnerability came from this fact; I was the only real person in here, & yet, I didn't feel lonely. This strange empty feeling, isn't loneliness. I never felt lonely, I'm fine by myself. Was so, am, & will be. Because I like being alone, because I hate staying with people. I like being-

   'Wow~ I never thought there was someone else who can dance it so efficiently in this school!' she cried when I entered the backstage.

  'Why is there no one else who can-'

'Honestly, when I saw that transfer student dancing it, I was mesmerized. Because, I've never seen anybody doing it before, are you from a foreign country?'

 'What?' my expression turned funny; 'What do you mean foreign? You can just search it up... ' then it hit me.

 How... how can I be so ignorant?! Even though I said so myself, that no one here was real, that this world wasn't real, I... momentarily put back the fact that everything here was completely different from my world. That the things that existed in my world, might not exist here, & not everyone here... might be from here.

  'That transfer student... what... is her name?' I unconsciously raised my voice; 'What class is she in?!' I exclaimed.

 'Where-!'

'What's going on in here?' a smooth, calm voice asked, snapping me back to reality.

  'Ah... ' I took in a deep breath to compose myself, & turned to where the voice came from but my expression was distorted yet again; Marcus, the person partially responsible for Rhys's death.

  'Oh, Marcus... ' she gasped, & pushed my body forward by my shoulders; 'Hey, this is the stand in for the girl who was originally supposed to dance. I couldn't tell you since I got to know it only just before the performance.'

  'Hmm, yeah. I see that.'

'Oh, do you know Marcus? He's from the senior class-'

'Yes, I... happen to know him.'

  No one said anything for the next couple of minutes; I tried to keep my face as straight as possible, he stared at me with an expression that revealed none of his thoughts. The air was static, different kind of static than what most people would expect when they see two people quietly staring at each other; one was trying not to strangle him, the other may be wondering how to use her.

  'Are you that girl from 3 a class?' he finally asked; that girl, he says. I don't like how it sounds.

'Which girl might you be referring to, senior?'

  'Hmm... I've been thinking of requiting that girl to join our fencing club, but since she's not here, why don't you join?'

 'No thank you,' I bluntly refused the offer, but he acted as if he didn't hear me; 'Fencing club isn't an official club yet, because there aren't enough club members. You saw that yesterday right? The club introduction?'

  'Then, you should ask the girl who you originally planned to ask; you don't like change of plans...' I paused; what am I saying? Why did I say that? Acting like I know him...

 'No one likes change of plans, & it would be a surprise if someone as diligent as you turns out to be a person who changes their mind quickly,' I fixed myself nervously, though my expression revealed nothing much.

  '... That's true,' he smiled; luckily, he didn't seem to have noticed. Ah, no no. I can't just think that, this guy... he's perspective, & sharp but he acts like he didn't notice anything. Like me, he uses he would reveal his claws only at the end of the game. If he hadn't given the poison to kill Rhys to Isabelle while smiling, I might've actually not hated him. (that's her way of saying, we might've become close) Though, Elena... she's a different case.

 'Well, I hope you can join our club anyways.'

'Yes, I will.' I changed my mind because I thought that if I watched this little sh*t closely, I would know the real reason why he killed... he didn't love her sister. He just saw her as an existence next to him, she wasn't a family, he didn't cherish her, & yet he helped her immediately when she said she wanted to kill Rhys. That must be because... he had a personal grudge against him. Yes, that was the reason.