The start of September.

The school started with exam; it was typically normal, I knew it, & I even prepared for it. I thought I wouldn't be surprised when I see the board revealing our grades, & where we placed.  You get your place by your average exam scores on all subjects, my old high-school had the same principal, & I always got the first place. So, I wasn't expecting a different outcome this time, as I gave the tests in different classroom. For the whole day going around classrooms, & returning to the dorm later on, but the next day, Tuesday...

  There were children gathering in the hall, making loud noises of complaint as they looked at the white board for their names; I wasn't exactly interested, as I was very confident in my abilities, I didn't bother to check, & I was going straight to my classroom. You get in different classrooms depending on your places, & I knew, I was in the classroom of straight-A students, but I stopped in my track, when I heard the girls muttering.

 'Oh! Rhys's placed in first place again!'

  'I know right?! He's been the first ever since the start of middle school. I heard he was an excellent student even in elementary.'

 'Isn't he like a genius?! I heard a rumor that his IQ is over 180-!' I pushed through the girls in the front, cutting them off, & of course, what I saw... even worse. My hands clenched.

 Even from young age, & until now, the only thing I had was my brain. The only talent I had, was my mind, I believed so. When I saw other people around me, doing what they liked, dancing, singing, drawing, I could only stare blankly, because I didn't enjoy those kind of things. They were what I could never like, I could never smile like that while doing those, & yet I could never really smile when using my only talent either, because it needed full-point concentration. Still, it was the only thing I had, so I treasured it, & hated it. 

 Even worse than second place, I wasn't there in the second place; it was Lucas.

I snorted, & turned back; the classroom I was going to didn't change, though I still had that awful feeling. That awful feeling... was acceptance. I hated it, I hated how I just accepted the fact that I placed in third, Rhys, & Lucas before me. I hated how I thought; "ah, I knew it. There's no way, I'd place before novel characters, I had suspected it anyways," even though I didn't. 

...

 The first two classes math, I had done pretty well in math I think. Lucas slept through the whole class, while Rhys just stared out through the window, but I guess because they are the male leads, everything they do is totally fine. All the girls in the class stared at them during the class, so I guess judging by the fact that the teacher was completely fine, & not even surprised with it, I think they were used to it. Rhys sat in the back, right before me, but I bet he just did that so he'd have less girls staring at him during the class, & that didn't work by the way. Lucas sat in the front of the class, but he slept  so comfortably with his head down on his arms, using them as a pillow. The teachers didn't even bother with them, though they did try to gain the attention of the girls in the classroom, who were majority of the class.

 The third period was literature; we were just assigned to read a book given by the teacher, in pairs. That was a bad idea, because every girl wanted to be paired with either Lucas, or Rhys. Fortunately, or maybe unfortunately, Rhys said he already read the book, which made the contest for Lucas more sharp, & loud, very loud.

 A guy with dark hair came up to me, & asked if I wanted to be his partner. Honestly, I really didn't care as long as he kept his distance, but before I could answer, the teacher said the one we'll be paired with would be our partners for the rest of the semester, & suddenly I wasn't too sure if I wanted this guy with me. What if he turned out to be a real annoying ass-sh*t? 

 'Do you not want to?' he asked, & I frowned while thinking; 'I suppose it can work.' We sat by our pairs, fixing the table together during that period.

  The fourth period was history; it was actually quite similar to our world's, with only few things different, but I couldn't really tell because this was only the first class. The fifth was mythology, & personally, I found it the most interesting. The teacher explained how the earth was created mythically, & that didn't really interest me, but I started to pay attention when he talked about the myth that there were more than one dimension existing. That intrigued me, because you know, I myself experienced transmigration. I was curios as to know how that happened, but before he could explain more of the dimensions, the bell rang. Meaning, it was time for lunch.

  I had to go downstairs, following the other kids even though I was reluctant to do so. For me, eating was always same. At home, at school, in the morning, & evening. I was always alone anyways, & I didn't expect anything to be different this time either. 

 ... 

 Sitting on the long bench, before a medium sized table, alone as always. Not that it even bothered me anymore.

 I looked up when I heard a clatter;  Elena, & her friends put their food down before me. 4 girls, who I've never seen before in my life, except that freckled one with dark blonde hair.

'Seriously, you looked so pathetic sitting alone, don't you have friends?' she asked, but I ignored her, & looked down at the food again.

 'Elena, who is this?' the girls whispered between themselves, & I could feel her gaze at me, maybe expecting me to suddenly laugh, & introduce myself; hah! As if I'll do that. There's a reason why I was alone for my twenty six years of living. When I didn't answer even after few minutes, Elena answered for me;

 'Oh, this is Aubrey, she's my roommate. Lucy, you go to regular class right? I hope you get to know each other well.'

 Maybe, it was because she pitied me, though I doubted that; what is she planning? Ah, I really hate dealing with these stereo-typical girls, but I guess I have to, for now.

 I gulped down my food, & grumbled with forced interest, even though I was bored;

'Nice to meet you, Lucy.'

  'Ah, yes,' she answered reluctantly, like she didn't want to talk to me; of course, you don't. I don't want to either.

  After finishing my meal, I scanned the whole cafeteria, & noted out the table in the corner, where Rhys was sitting, surrounded by people, though he looked like he didn't care at all. Lucas, on the table before him, talking, & flirting with pretty girls. Allan, on the table far ahead, he sat smiling, but not exactly talking that much.

  It was obvious, they stood out too much. How can not anyone notice them? Everyone does, & that won't change, even after Isabelle comes, one year. After 363 days, she'll come.

  Artemis Jackson;

This chapter is long because I haven't uploaded for  a while. Sorry for that, but I'm writing another story, so please check it out. It's called, something, something, what was it? Oh, yeah. It's "red witch." So yeah, thanks for reading, & supporting me. Stay alive, & healthy guys! Seriously, don't die on me.