The sword dance (part 2)

(yeah, this is basically the clothes she wore. I just got too lazy to write the features with extreme details, but details will be still written though. Because this is the basic design, but like you know... just to give you a clearer image of it. This is from pinterest by the way, not my picture, & so is the book cover. Yeah, the credit should go to the one who actually owns the pictures. Sorry for using it.)

The golden bracelets around my wrist, & ankle clinked every time I moved

The golden bracelets around my wrist, & ankle clinked every time I moved. They were beautiful nonetheless, the bracelets, necklace, & clothes, but I was worried; because the clothes revealed my back-

   'Wow~ it's perfect! Like it was made just for you!' the manager gasped as she saw me in the clothes; the clothes kinda looked like an Arabian dancer's clothes. With velvety silk material, barely see through, frills, & decorations hung around the sides of the upper thighs. The color was midnight blue, an attractive color that suited me, & my hair color even. The head jewel on my head felt a little bit uncomfortable, but it seemed to hold on, and with the long blue silk I could hide the scars on my back easily. Though, it was still troubling as it might be revealed while dancing.

'You look like some kind of foreign, exotic beauty! Like a princess!' she cried out, as she circled around me, & sighed; 'If only you had more meat around this area,' she waved before my chest, as another girl handed me her phone, & I started the ...

'You look like some kind of foreign, exotic beauty! Like a princess!' she cried out, as she circled around me, & sighed; 'If only you had more meat around this area,' she waved before my chest, as another girl handed me her phone, & I started the video.

 'Your waist is thin, & you have nice hips, & collar bones, but you chest-'

'That's enough,' I said as I watched the choreography with her phone; if I have to do the exact same thing, my back... will be seen.

'Are you sure you can dance it? I mean, I was so desperate I didn't even bother to check-'

  'Yes, I know this dance,' I told her, & it was true. The choreography of the dance was similar to the one I watched on the internet long ago. Maybe it was luck, or just coincidence, but I already tried dancing it. At first, it seemed interesting, I liked how the dancer looked so happy while dancing, smiling so brightly as if she was standing on the clouds above. I thought if I learned to  dance, I could also smile like that, I could become happy, but as I started to practice the dance, it was hard, & I broke my toe nails so many times because of it. My feet became sore, & my back ached because to dance you have to be incredibly flexible. My whole body became bruised, & it took so long to completely learn it. I focused my entire self on it, & I tried so hard that my grades started to get lower than average, but I still didn't give up. Giving up wasn't in my dictionary of words but in the end, when I really tried dancing, before the crowd, I felt sick. Not happy, I felt sick to the core. They were watching me, & when I saw their smiles, it felt as if they were mocking me. I slipped from the stage, & that was the first time, I got 2 broken bones at the same time, I think. It was also the most embarrassing moment of my entire life. In the end, I couldn't become happy. I couldn't smile, much less look straight at people; every time a person smiled, I felt as if I was back on stage, thousands of people before me, mocking, laughing at me. I felt as if I should just die, but I didn't, no couldn't. I was too cowardly.

I sighed; Of course, I can do it now. I was young back then, too young. Now, I'm a 26 year old adult, I made many, many speeches in front of my colleagues.

 That wasn't for sure, I didn't know if I could really do it but I only knew, I had no choice. I don't want Rhys to die again, I'm not even sure if I can somehow change it, but if this is what it takes... then so be it.

  'Oh, it's your turn now. I'll quickly announce your-'

'Don't announce my name, just tell them I'm a stand in for the original dancer, & that's all. You don't have to say my grades, or anything like that.'

 'Eh? But then you won't be...' she paused when she noticed the determined look in my eyes; 'Al... alright.'

  She announced the original dancer had injured herself, & therefore was unable to attend the ceremony, the crowd jeered but she interrupted them, telling what I told her to; a stand in dancer, but no mention of names or anything at all.

  I walked to the stage, the jewels clinking with every movement so far. The blinding white spotlight focused on me, as the music started to play, drums beating with quick pace, & began my dance.