Chapter 2

(Harry's Thoughts)

~Riddick's thoughts~

Computers voice

"Talking"

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Chapter 2

Harry's dreams and thoughts became more settled and pleasant, he dreamed of his friends; the ever loyal Codey who wished to stay bonded to him even though he would sleep, Jaxlyx, the Goblin lord that helped build a place where he could rest and heal after so much pain.

His heart missed them, but he knew they would not want him in pain over their loss. Jaxlyx had even promised he would come back and hit him with a goblin made Hammer if he ever cried because of his death.

As everyone slept in their cryo chambers, they were unaware of the ship veering off course from the ghost lane it had been on. There was no reason why it did so, some would say fate, others a terrible accident waiting to happen on such a long route.

Riddick's thoughts came true, for not a week had passed before the lives of the passages change forever. The ship and its sleeping crew and passages passed through the tail of a passing comet.

As it passed through the ship began to shake, small rocks punched through the hull, causing the emergency computer to come online. It began to wake the crew from cryo, one of these crew was Carolyn Fry, the docking pilot. She let out a small moan as she woke, her eyes taking in the flashing red lights and hearing the alarm sound around the ship. In front of her the computer screen built into the cryo chamber appeared in the glass of the door.

EMERGENCY P280 HULL BREACH

Her brain wasn't awake enough to understand what was happening, another message appeared.

40 CRYO – LOCKERS INTACT AND OPERATIONAL

Under that it showed the names of her and the two other crew, there health and that the computer was waking them all.

She looked above the computer to see outside her cryo locker, opposite her, she could make out her captain and Nav. Officer still asleep.

Her eyes widen in horror as several small rocks shoot through the ship, and out of her captain's chest, killing him before he had a chance to fully awaken.

His life signs on the computer flat lined, her captain was dead.

Not taking her eyes off her dead captain she reached down and grabbed the release handle and pulled it, the doors opened and she fell to the ground as the gravity unit came online. Her crewmate, second in command Nav. Officer Owens fell on top of her when he pulled the release on his own cryo.

His mind still confused to what was happening, he didn't understand why the gravity was on. "Why did I fall on you?"

"He's dead, the captains dead!" Fry tried to say from under him. She was in shock, "I was looking right at him."

Owens seemed to not hear her as he slowly got off her and looked at his digi-watch, "Chrono show that we're 22 weeks out, so gravity wasn't supposed to kick in for another 19!"

He looked around in disbelief, his voice raised, "Why did I fall at all?"

"Did you hear what I said, the captains dead!" Fry said looking at him.

Owens stares at her before looking over to where the Captain Cryo-Locker was and sees the holes in the door.

Both got up and ran towards the front of the ship, grabbing a pair of flight suits that they put on as they started flicking switches and pressing buttons, trying to find out what the hell was going on.