Chapter 13

Slowly, the group rose from there crouch positions, their hands coming down from ringing ears. No one said a word and all were in a state of total shock at what they had just witnessed. None of them had ever seen anything like it in their lives and now with their hearing slowing coming back to them they could hear the screeching of the other creatures there were making their way towards them.

With their minds still ringing from the screech that seemed to echo around there heads, they took in the sight of the one that caused it.

Head clearing from the ringing, Riddick got up from the ground once it seemed that nothing else was coming their way and threw away his now useless bone shiv, the hatchlings had eaten through the very bone in their hunger. It gave him an idea of how dangerous these creatures are.

Dusting his hands off as he made his way towards Harry, who looked like he was going to fall over at any minute, Riddick could see that his mate wasn't going to be able to defend himself anytime soon, not with his eyes as dazed as they were or the way he was swaying in place.

~Going to have words with him later about putting his life on the line like that, if he doesn't want his backside red, he'd better learn.~ Riddick thought to himself, though the image of Harry with his ass red from a spanking, sent a shiver of lust through him, but this was no time for him to be playing, he could hear the creatures in the distance making their way to the surface.

Grabbing the back of a frozen Shazza's shirt, he dragged her up and pushed her towards the cargo hold, seeing the woman stumble towards the others he turned and walked towards Harry. He looked his mate over for any injures and, seeing nothing but weakness troubling his mate, he scooped his tired boy into his arms and walked over to the others.

Imam pulled Ali closer as the young lad tried to go to his new friend that was lying limp in Riddick arms and if it wasn't for the rise and fall of the boy's chest, they would have thought him dead.

The group could hear Riddick muttering under his breath as he stepped into the cargo hold as he passed by a still shaken Shazza and allowed Imam to check Harry over. However both he and Fry froze as they heard the sounds of rock crumbling and the shrieks of more creatures in the distance.

Riddick really didn't want to let go of Harry, but he knew the holy man could be trusted with his mate safety for a few minutes, plus he wanted checked out what had nearly killed his mate down in the hole.

He knew it had to have been something bigger and more deadlier than those hatchlings from the wound that had marked his beautiful skin. Placing his goggles on his head Riddick look towards the spires and wasn't disappointed by the overgrown lizards as Harry had called them coming out and taking to the sky.

"What is it Riddick? What is it now?" Fry said. There was fear in her voice as she tried to see what was making the sounds in the growing darkness.

"Like I said, it ain't me you gotta to worry about." Riddick said, watching as more and more of the hammer-headed creatures took to the sky. He could see that many were heading towards them as the giant planet finally covered the last bit of light.

Going inside, Riddick heard Fry close the cargo doors behind him as he made his way into the dark towards where Imam and his son were sitting by Harry.

His mate had his eyes closed, resting against the wall and Riddick could even smell the weakness from his mate. He knew Harry needed more blood and soon but that had to wait until they got to a safer area.

He could also smell the overpowering scent of fear and panic coming off the others as they tried to find more light sources.

He turned his head away to stop himself getting blinded by the light and put his goggles back on as torches were found.