Chapter 12

Riddick smirked as he left the dazed Harry behind. He would have loved to play with his Vixen some more or even find somewhere to finally claim him but sadly he had some minds to screw with so everything went according to plan. He did not want Fry and Johns teaming up, not when the shit was about to hit the fan and they were fighting for their lives.

Slipping silently onto the skiff as the ramp closed for a hull integrity check, he watched as Fry pressed some of the controls to make sure the computer systems were running as they should be after being abandoned for twenty-two years. Looking around himself, he got familiar with the skiff. He knew he could fly it but he wanted to know where everything was when they had to rush out of here, he just had to get close enough to see the control console.

Looking back to Fry, he saw the hull integrity test start on the monitor screen, it made Riddick happy to see this old rust bucket was working enough to get him and his Vixen off this rock. ~Though not all of us will.~ Riddick thought looking over the seats in the skiff. There weren't enough seats on there for everyone in their fucked up group. Looking at the back of Fry's head he thought. ~Wonder if the bitch has realised that yet.~

"Thank you." Fry sighed at the screen, relieved that there was nothing other than the missing cells that was stopping the skiff from taking off. She was happy she'd left the wings to be fixed by Shazza, she was thankful to have someone that was so handy with them. Since Shazza had gotten those done and was working on the sand-cat now, all she had to worry about were the cells. She didn't know how she felt with leaving the cells to the last minute though. She couldn't see why but Johns didn't trust Riddick to not make it off with the ship and leave them behind.

Pulling away from the console, she moved to stand from the chair but paused when she saw Riddick standing in the middle of the tiny ship that seem so much smaller now with him inside.

"Looks like we're a few shy." Riddick said finally having her attention, "Power cells."

"They're coming." Fry said just above a whisper. Riddick could hear the woman's heart beating faster.

"It's strange, not doin' a run-up on the main drive yet," He waited a half beat before taking off his harness and hanging it up. "Strange, unless he told you the particulars of my escape..."

"I got the quick-and-ugly version." Fry said shifting nervously.

"And now you're worried about a repeat of history." He said, amusement was hidden in his voice not that she catch onto that.

To give her some credit, her body didn't betray the nervousness. Not like her heartbeat did. "Entered our minds."

She turned off a monitor to her right leaning towards it more to avoid stepping any closer to Riddick, but as she turned it off he took the choice out of her hands. He stepped onto the two open plating on the floor, forcing them down with a bang as he got right up in her face.

"I asked what you thought." He pressed, taking a step closer. He paused when he realized that her heart beat had accelerated even more, and fear wasn't the only smell in the air now. He had smelt it back when she had wanted to see his eyes as well.

~So the bitch is still hot for me even after hearing Johns' little story. Heh, if I hadn't meet my mate I would of taken her, but now I have something so much more...satisfying to look forward to.~ he thought smugly.

"You scare me, Riddick." Fry admitted, her tone defensive as she looked into his goggles.

"That's what you wanna hear, isn't it? Now can I get back to work?" she said disinterested. Though she tried to come over as a strong and unafraid, her scent and beating heart gave it away. It didn't help that her eyes quickly scan over his form before turning away towards the control panel.