Chapter 21

Chapter 21 Back in time.

"RIDDICK!" Harry screamed, he hurriedly seized the tail around his neck. Hands frankly clawed at its flesh, trying so hard to make it release its hold on his neck. He could barely draw in a breath as it tightens around him. He struggled harder as he was pulled farther and farther away. Sadly, against the grip of the creature he meant as well as have been fighting against steel. It did hiss above him at the pain of his nails made tearing at its flesh but didn't let go of its hold. Its hunger was too great to let a single meal go.

Harry cried out as the rough stone cut against the back of his shirt. He arched his back to get away from the pain that was being caused by the sharper edges of the stone, they cut through his shirt like paper and dung into the flesh of his back. The creature roared its victory as it carried on dragging him up the cliffside Finally it will eat its fill.

Green eyes meet sliver one last time, rage and pain were shining through those liquid orbs as his Hunter rushed to stand below him, slamming his fists into the stone wall. Those eyes were soon lost to the darkness when the creature reached the top and jumped into the air, its wings spread wide to catch the air and fly into the night. It flew away with its prize and Harry could do nothing as his mate disappears from view.

"HARRY!" Was the last thing he heard before there was nothing but air and screeches around him.

Wind and rain rushed over Harry as they flaw high in the sky. He fought with everything he had, twisting and turning in the creatures hold. he didn't care how far or even high he was right now. He just had to get free as quickly as possible before he was too far away to ever make it back to his mate's side.. Gripping tightly to the tail with one hand, he reached with the other down to his belt. He was not dying like this not after everything he had been through. Grabbing the handle of shiv's he quickly pulled it out and swiped at the tail above his head.

He felt his stomach launch up as the tail separated from the body. The creature screeching in pain as Harry dropped back to earth.

Spinning in the air, Harry was so disoriented he couldn't tell which way was up, let alone down, the wind seemed to spin around him making him gasp in fear when he hears over the wind the creatures echoing, trying to find him.

There was nothing but blackness around him though, the creatures not seeing his falling form. but as they can't see him he couldn't see them with his green eyes, they couldn't make out anything.

Pulling the loose tail off his neck he tried to right himself but as he did so he felt his bag fall off his shoulder and disappear from his limited view.

"FUCK!" Harry shouted in anger, he didn't have time to worry about his bag, not while he was spinning around like a yo-yo.

He finally got himself righted to face downwards and quickly switch on his vampire vision, his eyes bleed red and his blindness disappeared quickly, he wishes it hadn't. Looking down his eyes widen with terror when he saw the ground rushing up fast to meet him. He panted trying to calm down his panic as the wind blow over his face, quickly calling his magic from his core to surround his body, he needed to slow himself down and fast because if he hit the ground at his present speed they are going to be scraping bits of him off the ground for years.

"COME ON! MERLIN DAMN YOU WORK!" Harry yelled out his magic flicking around him. "I DIDNT JUST FIND MY MATE TO DIE LIKE THIS NOW WORK!"

Like the magic inside him finally heard his plea and headed his call for aid it flashed and covered his body in a soft purple glow. He could feel the air around him slow as his speed reduced. His eyes fixed to the ground while he tried to right himself, with the help of his magic he finally stood upright and made his knees bend for impact.