FIVE!

FIVE!

☆彡

HE DISMISSED THE class as the bell sounded throughout the school. it was lunch next, what seemed to be lenny's favourite part of her day. she was always squished between charlie and knox, and always ended up stealing charlie's apples. she'd noticed that neil disappeared somewhere, todd going with him.

they appeared again minutes later, a school annual in hand. she looked at the year on the front of the yearbook, 1944. that was the year mr keating was here. his last year. he placed it towards the end of the table, lenny not being able to see over charlie's head. she whined about not being able to see, which led to neil pushing the annual to the middle of the table. she blew him a kiss and leant over to read it.

"dead poets society." lenny could practically hear the cogs turning in his mind. he gave lenny the look, years of knowing each other meant they knew what the other was thinking. "i say we go tonight." lenny was always ready to agree with neil. his taste for adventure was wonderful and a breath of fresh air for her.

blake was a stiff so they never got to do anything together when they went home for the holidays. "tonight?" charlie seemed doubtful of the idea, but one look at lenny's infamous puppy dog eyes and he was sold. rolling his eyes, he pulled her into him by her wrist, standing her in front of him, his arms wrapped around her shoulders.

"where is this cave he's talking about?" neil gave him a devilish smile, his mind set on having a dead poets meeting. he explained where the cave was, pitts complaining that it was miles away. "sounds boring to me." lenny rolled her eyes at cameron. he was such a dick she could honestly punch him.

she remembered what charlie had told her this morning, her best friend dotty was starting at welton today. she'd arrive for their english class. lenny was so excited she could barely contain herself. she hadn't seen dotty for months due to their school schedules being different. she was dying to see her best friend again.

sure charlie was amazing, but she couldn't talk about girlie things with him. he wouldn't understand crushes, or periods or anything to do with her boobs. a new girl was starting today too, todd's cousin. what was her name? harley? harriet! her name was harriet. she was sure they'd be quick friends. something had happened with knox over the past few days.

chris has asked him to meet her at a diner on the edge of town, he obliged, feeling so in love with a girl he couldn't be in love with. when he arrived, he was met by chet danburry and his fellow jocks. knox had a slight black eye and a cut in his lip which lenny ended up cleaning up. maybe this new girl could be knox's way of believing love was real. if she was anything like todd then she was sure to love her.

she looked up to charlie who was still holding on to her. he wasn't looking at her, giving her the perfect chance to check him out. they did this quite often. they'd just stare at each other when the other wasn't looking. she traced his jawline carefully, smiling fondly. "like what you see?" charlie's cocky smirk had made his way into his face, like it usually did. lenny made her face match his, practically a mirror image.

they stared at each other for a minute, ignoring the world around them. knox nudged meeks' arm, nodding subtly at the two. they laughed at the oblivious couple, listening back into neil. "you wish." they giggled together for a minute. he placed a light kiss on her temple, turning back to neil. "you know how many de-merits were talking?" lenny scoffed loudly, removing charlie's arms from her shoulders, frowning at the loss of contact.