SIX!

SIX!

☆彡

A LIGHT KNOCK was sounding on their door, neil, dotty and todd waiting outside their door. she woke charlie up lightly, telling him to be quiet as they grabbed their flashlights and made their way out of the door. she clutched onto his hand tightly, her breathing getting heavier. they made their way to the staircase, the school dog waiting for someone to come.

the dog started barking loudly, causing lenny to stop holding charlie's hand and start feeding it treats. the dog quietened down and charlie pulled her up again and down the stairs. they held onto each other tightly all the way there. when they got to the cave, charlie pulled her behind a tree to hide, his front pressed tightly to her back. when they heard someone coming they jumped out.

"ahh i'm a dead poet!" they grabbed onto whoever it was, shouting simultaneously. turns out it was meeks they had grabbed, and he was less than impressed with the two. they just laughed it off, clutching onto each other for support so as not to fall over.

he grumbled about the two being 'so funny' and began walking off. lenny slung her arm around his shoulder, still laughing. "lighten up meeksy." she pinched his cheek and he swatted her away, a smile tugging at the corner of his lips.

the rest of the group had caught up, neil and dotty stating that they had found the cave. she pulled charlie along towards the rest of the group, meeks following behind them. neil and dotty went in first, taking a seat on one of the rocks in the cave.

knox and harriet followed, their hands also interlocked. when lenny noticed she nudged charlie, nodding towards the two. "i think they've got a crush on each other." the two giggled quietly together before taking a seat. lenny noticed that if she sat on a rock, todd, cameron, meeks and pitts wouldn't be able to sit down, so she moved to sit on the floor in front of charlie.

he wrapped his arms around her shoulders, kissing her temple and letting her lean in between his legs. pitts came in, hitting his head on the roof of the cave. everyone burst out laughing, including pitts himself. meeks, cameron and todd took their seats and the meeting commenced.

neil read aloud from the book he had gotten from mr keating. "Welton chapter. The meetings will be
conducted by myself and the other new initiates now present. todd anderson, because he prefers not to read, will
keep minutes of the meetings. I'll now read the traditional opening message by
society member Henry David Thoreau. "I
went to the woods because I wanted to
live deliberately. I wanted to live deep
and suck out all the marrow of life."

the group began cheering for the start of the meeting, charlie interrupting. "okay intermission. dig deep right here. right here, lay it down." charlie demanded meeks put his coat down for everyone to put their food on, which mainly consisted of chocolate chip cookies and half a roll.

lenny placed some strawberries in a bag down and three miniature tubs of ice cream. "ice cream's for the girls. charlie i'm looking at you for that." she swatted the boys hand away from the ice cream he was reaching for.

he began kissing her cheeks in an attempt to persuade her to let him have some but she wouldn't budge. the group laughed and joked all night, dotty and neil cuddling in the corner of the cave.

harriet and knox curled up together, pitts and meeks talking together. charlie and lenny included todd in their conversation and left cameron trying to force his way into speaking to meeks. they decided to tell scary stories, neil going first.

"it was a dark and rainy night, and this old lady, who had a passion for jigsaw
puzzles, sat by herself in her house at
her table to complete a new jigsaw puzzle. but as she pieced the puzzle together, she realised, to her astonishment, that the image that was formed was her very own room.

And the figure in the center of the puzzle, as she completed it, was herself. and with trembling hands, she placed the
last four pieces and stared in horror at the face of a demented madman at the
window. the last thing that this old lady
ever heard was the sound of breaking glass."

lenny clutched onto charlie's leg, shaking at the story. lenny hates scary stories with a passion. charlie whispered in her ear that it was just a story and nothing was going to happen to her. they decided to let cameron have a turn, although he'd tell the same tired story every time.

lenny really didn't like cameron.

☆彡