NINE!

NINE!

☆彡

"YOU SEE, THE world looks very different from up here. you don't believe me? come see for yourself. come on. come on!" lenny jumped up from her seat, charlie following quickly in tow. neil and dotty followed shortly after them.

they made their way to the front of the desk, the rest of the class following their footsteps. as charlie and neil climbed onto the desk, mr keating jumped off, a large grin on his face. he began talking the class through seeing things from a different perspective, on how to see things in a new light.

"ladies and gentlemen, you must strive to find your own voice. because the longer you wait to begin, the less likely you are to find it at all. thoreau said 'most men lead lives of quiet desperation'. don't be resigned to that. break out!" charlie and neil jumped off together, both of them reaching out for the girls behind them.

neil gently led dotty off with a gentle grip of her hand, whereas lenny launched herself into charlie's back as they ran around the classroom together.

the bell sounded throughout the classroom, as mr keating gathered his things and made his way out of the door. he popped his head back in quickly. "in addition to your essays, i would like you to compose a poem of your own, an original work."

the entire class groaned, aside from lenny, who let a large grin appear on her face. she's always loved poetry, and writing it was even better than reading it. "that's right! you have to deliver it aloud in front of the class on monday. bonne chance ladies an gentlemen." he walked out the door again, before peeking in one last time.

todd was the last person stood on the desk, awaiting his turn to jump off. "mr anderson? don't think that i don't know that this assignment scares the hell out of you, you mole." he flicked the lights off, causing the students to laugh, and todd to jump off in the darkness.

lenny patted his shoulder gently and told him it would be okay, before linking her hand with charlie's and making their way out of the door. the boys had rowing in gym today, all aside from pitts and meeks. lenny wasn't allowed to do it, in fear of one of the boys pushing her in the water, most likely charlie or knox.

she was on top of the school campus, an electrical tower next to her. meeks climbed up to connect his satellite to the radio they were making, ready to finally hear some music. the noisy static they heard before was quickly turned into sweet music.

lenny clapped her hands excitedly as meeks grabbed a hold of her. he put her in between himself and pitts as they danced together to the music, laughing and smiling away together. when the bell rang, they quickly made their way back into the school, and to their dorms.

she ran into hers and charlie's dorm and jumped on his bed. he caught her before she hit her head on his bedpost, a confused but amused grin on his face.

"what's got you so happy?" she giggled excitedly and began telling him how the boys had got the radio to work. she curled into his side, the length of the day already hitting her. he kissed her forehead gently, "go to sleep len. i'll wake you up for the meeting."

she curled further into his side, his hand stroking her bright red hair lightly. she sighed contently, and fell asleep with a smile on her face. her slumber didn't last long though, as she woke up to a racket across the hall, and charlie trying to move her without waking her up.

"where are we going?" whenever charlie went anywhere, lenny went too. he grabbed her hand and pulled her towards neil and todd's room, not even giving her chance to wipe her eyes before pulling her into the crowd. what could he possibly be getting her into now?

☆彡