SEVEN!

SEVEN!

☆彡

"I DO. THERE'S a young, married couple, and they're driving through the forest at night on a long trip. and they run out of gas, and there's a madman on the-" the boys cut him off by finishing the story for him. cameron crosses his arms in a huff, shouting about how he loved that story. "didn't i tell you that one?" lenny said, it was the first time any of the boys other than charlie had heard her talk.

"you did not. i got it in camp in sixth grade." charlie began to laugh at the redhead's attitude. "when were you in sixth? last year?" the boys began engaging in their own conversations again, until charlie stood up from behind lenny to read a poem.

she shook her head at him, telling him that nobody wanted to see what he was about to pull out. he grabbed a poster from his pocket, opening it to reveal a naked woman. lenny covered her eyes, sighing deeply and receiving sympathetic looks from the girls. she shouldn't be jealous, they were only friends.

the group made their way back to the school, singing and chanting along the way. meeks kept his arm wrapped around lenny's shoulders as if to protect her. he could tell that charlie's little surprise had upset the poor girl, he was trying to work out why though. she couldn't like him could she? they'd been best friends for so long.

charlie came up from talking to knox to talk to lenny, noticing her under meeks' arm, giggling at something he said. charlie had subconsciously clenched his fists upon seeing the two. he had a pain in the pit of his stomach, one that ached like a heart without love. knox noticed charlie's clenched fists and told harriet he would be back in a minute.

he nudged charlie's arm but to no avail. he looked towards where charlie was looking, the pieces clicking into place in his head upon seeing her and meeks. charlie was jealous. he was so used to having lenny to himself, he didn't realise that it would pain him to see her with another boy.

"you can't be mad at her until you do something about it charlie." knox's wise words pulled charlie out of his trance, his fists unclenching and his breathing going back to normal. he nodded his head and walked forward to lenny.

meeks unwrapped his arm from her shoulders, resting a hand on her arm and going to find pitts. the silence between the two was an unusual for them. they were never quiet around each other, they were never quiet at all. "are you mad at me?" charlie broke the silence with his burning question, needing to know if his best friend could be angry with him.

she shook her head, her bright red locks falling in front of her face. charlie reached his hand out to push them behind her ears, their eyes locking in a love struck gaze. they had never thought of each other like that but somehow they knew that they were in it together forever. he pulled her into his side like he usually would, kissing her temple and walking back to the school making jokes and telling stories.

dotty and neil were at the front of the group walking hand in hand, knox and harriet behind them, shoulder's brushing gently. when they arrived back at the school, they said their goodbyes and made their way to their respective rooms. charlie, cameron and lenny went to theirs, across the hall from neil and todd's. dotty made her way to hers, across from knox and harriet's. meeks and pitts went to theirs, down the hall and the furthest away from the group.

lenny didn't feel like being close to cameron that night, his face was annoying her and his hands would always wander because of the close proximity. she stared at cameron's bed in disgust to which charlie moved up and opened his arms for her to climb in. she smiled gratefully, curling into his chest and sighing in content.

although it was dark, she could make out his perfect features, tracing a finger down his jawline and tracing patterns on the skin of his exposed chest. he kissed her forehead lightly, whispering sweet nothings in her ear. "go to sleep, love." she obliged, resting her head on his chest and falling asleep to the sound of his steady heartbeat.

the next day had come, lenny waking up still cuddling into charlie. cameron gave the twins disgusted look, as if he was going to vomit at the sight of them. she closed her eyes again, flipping him off and cuddling closer to charlie. he stirred, checking the time on the clock that stood on his desk.

any minute now, hager would come banging on everyone's doors, demanding they get up and get ready. lenny went to stand up but was pulled back down into charlie's bed. "five more minutes." his cheeky smile had arisen on his face, lenny could never say no when he gave her that smile. she curled back into him, his arms wrapped tightly around her waist.

hager's knock sounded on the door and lenny glared at cameron as he went to tell hager about her and charlie. "do that and i'll pull your arm out of its socket." she smiled innocently at the redhead boy and stayed there for a few minutes before pulling charlie's arms from around her waist.

she stood up, checking the time again, she only had ten minutes to get ready. she ran to the bathroom, grabbing her sunflower toothbrush on the way. she brushed her teeth and hair as fast as she could, applying her mascara and deep red chapstick. she smiled in the mirror before running back to her room the get changed.

she pulled her school shirt from the wardrobe, her red and black plaid skirt and a pair of tights. she pulled it all on, not even realising that charlie was sat on her bed watching her. she turned around looking for her school tie, school shirt half unbuttoned, tights halfway up her legs. she saw charlie on her bed and jumped slightly.

☆彡