NINETEEN!

( valentine )

☆彡

CHARLIE AND LENNY made their way to the common room, their hands intertwined as they walked down the corridor and towards their friends. everyone let them through, congratulating charlie with pats on the back. he took a seat on the leather chair in the room, opening his arms for lenny to join him.

she took a seat on his lap, laying her head on his shoulder and playing with the hem of his shirt. he began telling the story, everyone listening intently, including lenny herself. "assume the position mr dalton." lenny winced slightly, not really wanting to hear about her boyfriend's beating from the headmaster.

lenny looked towards the door, spotting mr keating walking into the room. everyone that was sat down took a stand to greet the man. he assured them it was okay, and they all took a seat again. "mr dalton. that was a pretty lame stunt you pulled today." lenny nodded slightly in agreement, eliciting a slap on the shoulder from meeks.

she lifted her finger to flip him off, looking up towards mr keating with a sheepish smile. charlie was obviously offended, scoffing and sitting up, keeping lenny on his lap. "you're siding with mr nolan? what about carpe diem and sucking the marrow out of life and all that?" lenny could sense that the group of students were about to get a very important life lesson from the teacher.

"sucking the marrow out of life doesn't mean choking on the bone. sure there's a time for daring and there's a time for caution, and a wise man understands which is called for. you wouldn't have had this problem if you consulted lenny."

lenny sent the man a grateful smile, curling further into charlie's body. "but i thought you'd like that." it was all starting to make sense now, charlie wanted to impress the jolly man, much like neil did. charlie wasn't used to not being the centre of attention.

"no. you being expelled from school isn't daring to me. it's stupid 'cause you'll miss some golden opportunities. like staying with your girlfriend and your best friends." lenny let yet another smile grace her lips, feeling charlie starting down at her. he placed a gentle kiss on her forehead, tightening his grip on her.

"you would have missed the opportunity to attend my class. got it ace?" mr keating gave him a knowing smile as he glanced at the couple seated on the chair, nodding his head in approval. "aye aye captain." lenny saluted the man as he went to exit the room, laughing at something harriet had said to knox.

"keep your head about you. that does for the lot of you." he let out a small chuckle just before leaving the room for good, turning back towards charlie and lenny. he shook his head, laughing.

"phone call from god. if it had been collect, it would have been daring."

☆彡