THIRTY !

h

"DO YOU, LENOR marie moreau, take charlie dalton to be your lawfully wedded husband?" lenny grinned at the man in front of her, the two freshly tuned eighteen year olds having smiles bigger than themselves spread across their faces. their hands were clasped together as they took in what was happening.

"i do." she gave her husband's hand a tight squeeze, awaiting it to be his turn to accept their marriage, a bond that will never break. the two of them would be together as long as they lived, and they stood by the ideology. "do you, charlie dalton, take lenor marie moreau to be your lawfully wedded wife."

"i don't." the crowd gasped, the rows full of a few kids from welton, as well as lenny's father and brother. she glared at charlie, lifting a hand to punch his shoulder and sighing. their best friends knew what was happening, and simply chuckled at what they were witnessing. i mean, it's a wedding for christ's sake.

"okay, ouch. i'm just kidding. of course i do." the priest smiled, as did the crowd, watching as the couple clasped their hands together once again. "okay. with the power vested in me, i know pronounce you, husband and wife. you may-" the priest was cut off instantly, a strange sight to be seen.

lenny grabbed ahold on charlie, dipping him down and planting a firm kiss on his lips. the two melted into it, as if it was their first kiss all over again. the crowd cheered, and the two bridesmaids, dotty and harriet, smiled at seeing their best friend happy with her husband, their boyfriends watching from the sidelines.

"i love you." she whispered into his ear, squealing when he lifted her into his arms, ironically, in bridal style, and ran away down the aisle, their best friends running after them happily. "to the happy couple!" neil held a toast up to them, being one of charlie's five best men.

they made their way to the dance floor, prepared to have their first dance together as a married couple. lenny grinned as she wrapped her arms around his neck, reminiscing all the times they'd be caught dancing together at the lake at two in the morning. there was never any music, just the two of them.

"put your head on my shoulder." the sweet sounds of paul anka rushes through their ears, making lenny smile happily when she realised. this was their song. it had been playing the first time they met, and on their first date, and on the day charlie asked her to marry him.

"this is our song, baby." she leant up, kissing the tip of his nose and smiling when he scrunched it up. she always loved when he did that. she thought it was so cute whenever he did it. "i know, len. i did it on purpose." the couple and their friends danced the night away, some pretty explicit things going down on the dance floor.

"gather around ladies." lenny stood with her back to the cluster of women, holding her bouquet in the air and grinning when she remembered her plan. as she threw the bouquet behind her, it landed right in the hands of her two best friends, the two of them looking at each other in awe. lenny spun them both around to see their respective boyfriends down on one knee, rings in hand.

"i love it when a plan comes together." she rested her head on her husband's shoulder, smiling at the scene in front of them. charlie looked down to his wife, her hair was still bright red, and her lipstick even brighter. it was slightly smudged from their kiss, but he wouldn't have her any other way. "i think we pulled it off pretty good."

"and that, my darling children, is how you two came to be."