The Beginning

Both your mother and father were teenagers when you were born and couldn't take care of a baby..nor did they want to.
You ended up being abandoned, not long after you entered the cruel world. And if not for a boy named Albert..you surely would've died in the cold.

Albert was only seventeen when he found you all alone behind a pile of cardboard boxes. He was barely older than your biological parents, yet he took you in, raised you, and cared for you. You were happy and loved by him as if you were his own daughter.
Albert tragically passed away a few years later, on February 3rd, having been beat to death by a group of unknown individuals.

(Y/n) didn't fully understand the meaning of death, not until attending his funeral and looking into his lifeless eyes.
And this, sadly, was only the beginning of her misfortune and suffering.
-
A local bar owner named John volunteered to take her in and become her legal guardian. Little did anyone know the monster he actually was.
John often got drunk, violent, and sexually abusive towards her.
When he wasn't drunk, he was mad. And when he wasn't mad..he was determined to use (y/n) however he pleased.

This went on for 10 years, despite multiple attempts at suicide,
(y/n) always changed her mind, not because she wanted to live..but because she was scared of dying.
Tonight, however. Tonight would be different.
"I'll finally be free"

[I DO NOT CONDONE SUICIDE OR SELF-HARM OF ANY KIND. If you or someone you know needs help, call the suicide-prevention hotline 1-800-273-8255, or message me. I would be glad to help.]

[By the way, this story alternates between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd person point of view]