Part - 8

Khushi's POV

After taking bath, I am getting ready for the seminar which is important for my study. I am studying cardiology for specialization. It is my father's dream to become a cardiologist.

Flashback

Khushi - 9 years old

Father - daughter duo are relaxing in their garden on a sunny day.

Shashi: Beta what do you want to become ?

Khushi: My Papa's princess.

Shashi: That you are already. I mean what do you want to become .. hmm like doctor, lawyer, etc.,

Khushi: I don't know. I didn't think about that till now.
What do you want to become Papa ?

Shashi: A cardiologist. I want to save lives and make their hearts function properly which beats for their loved ones.

Khushi: But you are not a cardiologist. Why ?

Shashi: Due to some circumstances, I can't reach my ambition. Now I don't have a chance.

Khushi: Ohh... May be I can try. I do have a chance to become cardiologist  right Papa.

Shashi: Really, Will my princess become a cardiologist for me ?

Khushi: Yes, I will.

Overwhelmed with the happiness due to his daughter, Shashi hugged Khushi tightly and kissing her forehead from time to time.

Present

I remember that day like yesterday, when my father is with me and we are staying happy in our world. But today he is not present with me. So I made his ambition as mine and I am working hard to fulfill his wish. Through this way, I feel close to my father by completing his wish. Lost in my memories, I didn't notice Annie entering my room till he shake my shoulder breaking my reverie.

End of POV

Arnav: Cookie are you lost in uncle's thoughts ?

Khushi: Nothing. Just like...

Arnav cut her off and cupping her face: No need to lie to me. Where ever he is, Shashi uncle will be very happy to see his daughter move on in her life and making a name for herself. He will be happy with your happiness. So, for his peace, be happy just like your name.

Khushi: Wow, Annie you spoke the longest dialogue ever in your personal life. Did the sun rise in the West today. You speaking this long is a sensation. It should be in breaking news today with a head line stating 'ASR is speaking for a long  apart from his business'.

Arnav: Stop it Cookie, you are exaggerating.

Khushi: Ok.. ok jokes apart. Tell me one thing, how do you get to know what I think every time.

Arnav: Because I Know you more than you about yourself. We both are one entity.

Nikhil: See Aman bhai I told you, they are romancing again.

Aman: Arnav, we are hungry here but you are busy in romance. Man come on everyone are waiting at table.

Khushi: Ha... Come. Breakfast is waiting for me to devore it.

Arnav: You go, we will come.

After Khushi left, Arnav turned to them.

Arnav: Thank you guys for diverting her. I know, you people wantedly teased us.