Part - 16

Arnav: I am ready but she is not.

Khushi: Arnav..... you know.

Arnav just sighed at her and left to his room followed by others. Khushi is left alone in her thoughts.

Khushi (POV): I know you are disappointed. I trust you will never disturb me Arnav but I am not confident about myself. I get distracted by you very easily. Also I don't want us to start a new life amidst all this obstacles. Just two years, then I won't stop you. Even I am excited for our life together as a husband and wife. But I want this without any danger surrounding us.

I don't like this secretive life that I am living constantly checking behind us. Tomorrow will be the first step to change this. After this, we have to be more alert than before.

Still lingering with the thoughts about future, she slept a surprisingly a peaceful sleep.

Next day

The whole house is bustling with the preparations for the evening. No one let Khushi do a single work. After finishing breakfast, everyone left to carryout their works leaving the birthday girl alone. Well she is not alone for long.

Lavanya: Happy Birthday Khush.

Khushi: Thank you.. Haaa thank god you came. I was getting bored here sitting idle. Atleast now I have a company to spend my time.

Lavanya: You are disappointed if you intend me to sit here and chat with you. I am not staying.

Khushi (whined): La, you just came and leaving already.

Lavanya: Not just me, you are coming as well.

Khushi (excited): Really... Do you think they will send me just like that. I don't think this is possible she pouted at that.

Lavanya: Ohhh.. so cute. If I am a boy I would have definitely married you. Better luck in next life.

Arnav: You will never be lucky with me there La. I will steal her from you.

They both turned to see Arnav is coming towards them.

Lavanya: Ahh.. I knew it bhai. You will never leave your Cookie for others as if we eat her.

Khushi: Arrgh.. stop it both of you. Don't speak as if I am not present before you.
     So Annie you must have heard La, she wants to take me outside.

Arnav: I knew it before you. You can go with her but take bodyguards with you.

Khushi (muttered irritatingly): As if they leave me alone.

Arnav: I am waiting.

Khushi: Ok send as much of an army as you wish with me.

Both girls left with a few bodyguards following closely behind them. They shopped for a few things to give for Maliks and Mishra's as they are leaving tomorrow morning. It doesn't look good to go empty hand. They also purchased a present for the couple who are going to be engaged.

They had lunch hurriedly to complete everything before evening. Lavanya took Khushi to a spa against her protests but she was thankful for the relaxation. Then to parlour where they have a little make over.

By the time they reached home, it is about 4:00 pm. They thought that they have a little time to relax but realised that unfortunately they doesn't have time for a nap after seeing the lawyer in home.

Khushi sighed heavily and went through the documents thoroughly and signed it. They are just as she wish not a word more or less.

------------------------------------------------

Guests started coming. All are waiting fo the birthday girl to grace them with her presence.

There comes the girl they are waiting for looking as beautiful as ever in a lone gown in a wine colour enhancing her skin complexion with an other girl following closely. Two men were awestruck seeing their girl. One is openly admiring her while the other is little hesitant. They were brought out from their dreamland a chuckle near their nears. They glared at the source of chuckle 'Aman'.

Aman: Stop drooling over them. Take a chance.

Arnav not needed to be told twice. He went forward to his lady and helped her at last steps.

Aman: Ha ... Lost case.

Lavanya's parents are also there. Do Nikhil controlled himself to not stare at her for long.

( Lavanya's parents

Dr. Vikram Kashyap - 50 years old

A pediatrician by profession. Wants his daughter to become a doctor like him who followed it though not interested herself. Always likes to be in control. Strict and dominating person. Loves his children a lot but doesn't show it openly.

Sruthi Kashyap - 43 years old

Home maker. Loves her family a lot. Wants her children to live their life as wish not just blindly follow their father words. Practically a robo listens to command of her husband and follow it aptly.)

After the cake cutting and presents. They enjoyed a hearty dinner and retired early to rest as they have a flight to catch tomorrow.

Early morning, they left hurriedly for airport. There Lavanya is already waiting for them to give send off with her sleepy brother. She really wishes to go but don't want to go there without invitation from groom or bride. They don't know her so it will be odd.

After a long flight journey to India, they reached late in the evening. So they just ate and slept. Next morning, the youngsters are quite emotional on seeing their home after long time. They were just reminiscing their old times. They met with HP who is quite emotional himself on seeing the kids after a few years gap. They embraced him in a group hug tightly suffocating him.

HP: Children I need to breathe. You grew into strong adults but I became old.

They left him pouting. HP thought they are still childish. Didn't change much.

HP: How are you ? This house is lifeless without you. I wish I could come there but never got an opportunity. I...

Khushi: HP uncle stop. Take a deep breathe ask questions one by one.

HP: Oh Khushi beta, you look more beautiful in real.

Arnav quickly shut his mouth with his hand.

Nikhil: Shhh... HP uncle call her Muskaan. Someone may hear.

HP: Sorry beta I forgot. I won't repeat it.

Voice: What you won't repeat HP uncle.

Everybody froze on hearing Akash's voice. They  are panicked with only one thought 'Did Akash hear HP call her Khushi'.