36

* Chapter 41 is updated in my blog. Check it out now my lovely readers.*

Khurana Mansion

Midnight when everyone are slept, Arnav sneaked into Khushi's room where he was welcomed with a pleasant sight of his Cookie sleeping peacefully like a cute kid. He slide in beside her on the bed to get the much needed sleep.

Arnav wrapped his hand around her waist from behind pulling her close to him. She gave a pretty smile in her sleep as if sensing him. Arnav kissed her cheek and snuggled to her.

Arnav whispered: Good night Cookie.

Early morning 4am, everyone gathered in the living room except Khushi, Lavanya and Vikrant who are still lost in their dream worlds.

Nikhil: Did you check everything? for which he received positive answers from others.

Arnav: Come on, we will get late. Driver is also waiting from long time.

They collected their luggages as they don't want to disturb servants and moving out but stopped at the sudden scream 'stop'. They turned around to look at Khushi rushing towards them in her night suit.

Khushi: Wait for me. I will come along with you to airport.

Preeti: But beta you are in your night suit and it will take sometime for you to get ready. We may get late to airport.

Khushi: No need I will come like this only.

Koushik: But.....

Arnav cut him off: Let it be mama. She won't listen to anyone.
      Come lets go.

Khushi run to Arnav excitedly like a kid going to an amusement park.

Arnav: Nikhil I will drive one car with Khushi. You go with others.

Sumitra: I will come with you two. Nikki beta take those old couple and driver with you please.

Koushik and Preeti looked at her irritatingly as now a days she is taunting them more for their silent nature. They want to argue with her but now is not the right time for that.

Sumitra hopped in backseat while the couple took the front seats. She pretended to sleep as she knew they can't speak freely if she is awake but how can she miss their romance (Naughty Nani right).

On the way to airport, for a change it is Arnav who is doing most of the talking while Khushi is glaring at him irritated.

Arnav: Don't go anywhere alone. Always take bodyguards with you. If not then atleast take Nikhil with you. Please don't transform house into kishkindha (Kingdom of monkeys) in our absence. And once again I am saying........

Khushi: Arrgh stop it. I know what you want to say. I am hearing it again and again from the time we start our journey. Will you stop it I am getting irritated now.

She turned to look the city from window as it is better than listening to him saying same things again.

'It is better that I should have gone with others but I choose to come with him because I want to spend sometime with this man. But look at this man, he is constantly giving same lecture. Stupid grumpy man'. Khushi mumbled to herself but it is audible to the inmates of the car who can't stop themselves from smiling at her for presenting the cute picture of her adorable self.

'I am not stupid, you are. I was trying to divert you because I know you will start crying otherwise. But who will make her understand this. My stupid cute Cookie' Arnav thought.

They forget the old lady in back seat who is listening their words.

'My favourite couple. Both are trying to make other feel better' Sumitra is facing hard time to pretend when she was feeling to gush over them like a mother cocoons over her little cute puppies from others.

Soon they reached the airport, Khushi is trying to remove the seatbelt when suddenly Arnav pecked on her cheek stopping her activity. Khushi signaled him to look behind at Nani. Sumitra immediately closed her open eye and continued her act.

Arnav: She is asleep. Don't bother about her. He moved closer to kiss her properly but Khushi stopped him again.

Khushi: No. I don't believe she is sleeping. I highly doubt her to be pretending sleep. Nowadays she is becoming very naughty.

But Arnav is not the one to back out, so he stole a peck from her lips making Khushi angry and some other to squeal in delight. Arnav and Khushi looked at the back seat to see their Nani very much awake and looking at them smiling sheepishly.

Khushi to Arnav: See I told you but you never listen to me.

Arnav: But..... his words remained unspoken due to the knock on the car window.

He looked in that direction to see others are waiting while Nikhil is calling them.

They get down from the car, entered airport and completed the formalities while Khushi and Nikhil are waiting. Giving send off to their family, they returned home to get the much needed sleep.

Nikhil is parking his car when he received a call from his PA. He told Khushi to go inside as he will come after a few minutes attending the call that may take sometime.

Khushi entered inside the house to a sleeping Lavanya on the living room couch.

'When did she come down and what is she doing here? On top of that why is she here at this time? Come on Khushi you won't get answers by talking to yourself' muttering to herself Khushi moved closer to Lavanya.

Khushi shaked Lavanya's shoulder calling her continuosly. Lavanya woke up startled and stood suddenly making Khushi step back lest Lavanya bang with her.

Lavanya: What is the time now Khush? When did you return and where is----

Khushi: Stop. Stop. First relax.

Lavanya: But Khush-------

Khushi: I said stop then only I will explain everything in detail.

Lavanya: Ok.

Khushi: It is still early morning, so relax and rest for a while and answer to your next question is I returned just now.
Happy. Come lets sleep for sometime. As today is sunday, no tension of going to college. Come.

Khushi tried to go dragging Lavanya along with her but Lavanya stopped her. Khushi turned to her in question.

Lavanya: Did you come alone? Where is Nikhil?

Khushi teased her: Oh this is the matter. I thought you are waiting for your this friend but you are waiting for your future hubby. He is on a call, will come in a while.

Lavanya: No no no I am waiting for you both.

Khushi: Let it be. I know ok. Leave all this Iam tired. I will rest for a while. Good night to me and good morning to you.

She went to her room leaving a blushing Lavanya behind.

Lavanya is pacing from the door to couch and back again. She looked out for any signs of Nikhil.

Nikhil just finished his call and collected his wallet to go inside. He got a message related to meeting from his PA. Looking at his mobile, he didn't notice  Lavanya in front of him.

Same here with Lavanya, she hurriedly paced to door....then...BANG both dashed into eachother. Nikhil caught Lavanya before she fall flat on her butt.