Part - 18

Recap

Akash's POV: Why is she panicking on seeing Madhumathi aunty.

********************************

Nikhil: Pari come lets eat. Its already lunch time.

Khushi: But...

Nikhil: Just leave her. Your Annie also started. He will reach here in a few minutes. No need to face her now.

Khushi (relieved): Really, he is coming. Then lets wait for them. We will have lunch with them.

Nikhil: Ok. Till then, we can wait in the garden.

Khushi: Oh my god ! We didn't see garden till now. Come bhai. I have to see how they decorated garden area.

Akash (in mind): Something is off with Madhumathi aunty and Khushi's relationship. Even she (Khushi) is close to Nikhil than her own cousin. He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't hear someone is calling him.

'Akash bitwa' called Madhumathi. Still no response. So she shakes him vigorously almost making him loose balance.

Akash: Ahhh... (Looking his surroundings)....Hmm what happened aunty ?

Madhumathi: That I should ask bitwa'. What happened to you ? I was calling you for a few minutes but you are not responding. Anything serious.

Akash: Nothing serious aunty. Just thinking about a few things. Do you have any work with me.

Madhumathi: No. I came here for some other works. So thought of seeing you.

Akash: Ohh. Aunty do you mind if I ask you anything ?

Madhumathi: What are you speaking bitwa. You are my to be son in law. You don't need permission to ask me anything.

Akash: I was thinking about Khushi. It would be good if she is alive as you know her nature, she would have made this place more lively and joyous.

On hearing about Khushi, Madhumathi's face displayed anger which she changed to sadness but it is late as Akash already noticed it.

Madhumathi: Ha bitwa you are right. She is a very bubbly girl. It would be good to have her but what can we do against god's wishes. She died in a very young age.

Akash: We are nothing in front of god's doing.

Madhumathi: Ok leave all this. I have other works. See you later. Take enough rest, tomorrow is your engagement.

Akash: Ok aunty. Just a few things to take care, then I will be free.

After Madhumathi left, Akash is again lost in his thoughts regarding her reaction to Khushi.

-------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile in the garden

Khushi: Wow bhai, it is very beautiful here..... Bhai see there, that flowers are very different and beautiful. We should also plant some of those plants in our garden here.

Nikhil: Yeah, our garden here is looking dull with less variety of plants. May be this old people are not concentrating on it.

Khushi: Shh... don't call them old. If they hear you, there will be a war.

They talked about other topics for a while. Arnav reached there along with Aman.

Khushi: Thank god, you came I was dieing out of hunger.

Arnav: Always about food. Atleast think of me something.

Khushi: Whatever lets eat.

Arnav: Oh god, when will she love me more than food.

Nikhil and Aman (laughing): Not in this life.

Arnav glared at them which doesn't bother them a least bit. Arnav extended a chocolate to Khushi.

Arnav: See what I bought for you.

Khushi: Chocolate.... Thank you very much. She went to serve lunch herself.

Arnav: See, it's very easy to satisfy my girlfriend.

Aman: That is our sister's simplicity not your cleverness. Am I right Nikhil ?

Not hearing a response, they turned to see him looking serious.

Arnav: Nikhil anything happened while we are away.

Nikhil: Ha bhai. Madhumathi aunty is here.

Aman: What.... Did she meet Chutki. If yes, then how did she react ? Did she panick ? What all happe..

Nikhil: Wait. Listen to me first. She didn't meet Pari. Pari panicked a bit on seeing her. To divert her mind, I brought her here to garden.

Arnav: We will see later. Lets eat something otherwise there won't be any remaining here to eat looking at how she is eating.

After finishing lunch that is arranged outdoor in garden. They entered home thinking Madhumathi left. They are in their own world joking and teasing.

----------------------------------------------------

Madhumathi: Manoramaji, who is that girl with Arnav. They seem quite close.

Manorama: She ? I don't know. I am seeing her first time. Wait I will ask about her.

Manorama called for her mother.

Manorama: Maa...Maa.

Devyani: Ha coming... What Manorama.

Manorama: Who is that girl with Arnav.

Devyani: She is Muskaan. Arnav's friend from London.

Madhumathi: She is beautiful. Are they just friends or more. Looking at them, they seems more than friends.

Devyani: If it is true, I don't have a problem. My other grandson will also get married.

Madhumathi: What about her family and their culture ?

Devyani: They may stay in London but  has traditional values which they taught her.

Manorama: Why don't you introduce her. We will get to know her.

Devyani: Muskaan bitiya come here.

--------------------------------------------------

Khushi's POV

While we were talking, Dadi called for me in my fake name.

Devyani: Muskaan bitiya come here.

I was about to go to her but she is not alone. My namesake bua and Manorama aunty are there with her. I thought she left. Looks like the time to face her is now only. Even though I prepared for this encounter, I feel slight fear and disgust in me. Feeling hands on me, I turned around to see my three supportive pillars surrounding me. No matter what happens, they are there for me. Feeling confident, I approached them closely followed.

End of POV

Khushi: Ha Dadi.

Devyani: Bitiya, she is Manorama - Akash's mother and she is Madhumathi - Akash's to be mother in law.

Khushi: Namasthe aunties.

They nod at her.

Manorama: Do you work Muskaan ?

Khushi: No aunty, I am studying.

Manorama: Which course ?

Khushi: Medicine.

Manorama: Hmmm doctor.

Madhumathi: What about your parents ?

Khushi: They have business there.

After talking for a few minutes. Khushi left from there.

Khushi's POV: Its not that tough. Looks like my bua didn't receive news. I really wish to see her face when she learn about it.