35

* Chapter 40 is published in my blog*

Finally the couple came to the dining table after spending the much needed time with each other and their little romantic moments. Still busy in their land, the couple didn't notice the teasing looks they are getting from their family members.

Lavanya: Oyy love birds....Back to earth.

Lavanya's words startled them and the situation they found themselves is quite embarrassing. So they silently sit in their place looking down at their plates waiting to be served. Noticing everyone's eyes on them, Khushi thought to divert them not knowing she is digging her own grave along with Arnav's.

Khushi: La when did you come?

Lavanya: Wow my friend noticed me very early. Well to your question I came here when you both are busy romancing.

Koushik and Preeti are having their lunch in silence while listening to them whereas Sumitra left everything on the plate as it is just to watch the interesting drama unfolding in front of her.

Vikrant: Yes di. We are waiting for you from long time.

Khushi: We are packing Arnav's luggage.

Arnav: Yes it took more time because of this crazy girl. Instead of helping me, she increased my work.

Lavanya: Yes bhai we can see how she increased your work just by looking at your cheek.

All heads turned to look at the said cheek which turned red due to the assault it took in the hands of Khushi.

Sumitra teasingly asked: Chote how come your one cheek is red. Come on tell us now.

Khushi with red face: Nani....woh

Sumitra: Ha tell .... tell I am listening.

Seeing the situation getting out of hands Arnav tried other way.

Arnav: Nani where is Nikhil? It is past lunch still he is not here.

Koushik: He have some work so he is having his lunch outside.

Throughout the lunch Arnav talked about different aspects to divert them from him and his Cookie otherwise he the ASR will become a laughing stock.

Arnav quickly finished his lunch and citing some work, he escaped from there followed by Khushi. But how can Lavanya leave them just like that, so she followed after Khushi.

Looking at their retreating backs Sumitra pouted in disappointment for missing out the drama. She looked at her son and daughter-in-law who are very much interested in the food places on their plates.'Inka kuch nahi ho sakta'.

Arnav: It is all because of you.

Khushi: What did I do now?

Arnav: Because of you my cheek turned red and they are hell bent on embarrassing us.

'Ohh... so sad' said Lavanya making her presence known.

Khushi: La what are you doing here? Do you need anything?

Lavanya: First you tell me Khush what happened to bhai's cheek.

Khushi: How do I know about that? Ask him said Khushi in frustration throwing him off guard.

Lavanya turned to him for answers.

Arnav: Woh.... mosquito bite. That is why my cheek is red.

Lavanya: Mosquito bite? Really?

Arnav: Ha.

Lavanya: Then ask that (looking at Khushi) to bite you a little less right Khushi.

She left from there smiling teasingly at them.