Midnight

Wonder POV

"He knows."

"Knows what?" I mumbled continuing to sketch onto the page.

"You're lying."

"So does Robin. But they haven't done anything so at this point it doesn't matter."

"Why don't you use his name? It's literally just us."

"Keeping up the habit. Until I'm told I don't want them to find out what I know."

Her topic switching showed obvious boredom, "So...what's your plan?"

Giving a heavy huff I slapped my pencil down and stood deciding to lay it out for her instead of fighting it, "My clothes are organic just like Miss. Martian's. They regrow when ripped so I have one extra bolt and my own set. I'll split my spare into four and I'll take the other two pieces from my outfit."

"It doesn't grow that fast. You'll be pushing it to its limit. Stretch it too thin and you'll destroy it."

"I'll make one then."

"With what time? You've already promised me the nights."

"Fine we'll steal the three male tuxes and I'll just make alterations. That means I only have to break my extra into two and I have mine. If we keep the bolt in water it might be pushing it but in the week I'll have enough."

"Finally I get to do something exciting!"

Grabbing my extra cloth I morphed it to a jacket and put it on, then with list in hand I headed out to the waiting team.

"Here this is what I need to get started." I stated as Aqualad studied the inventory requested.

"This is it?"

"As of now."

"Black Canary isn't here as of now. We have some time until she arrives. If you have not been given orders from Batman we could leave now."

"I would like to get started here. If you follow the paper you will be able to get everything needed."

Aqualad glanced at Robin unsure of how to proceed.

"Aw they don't trust you."

"I will be fine here. And I can not leave my room without setting an alarm off so there are no worries of me destroying the base."

There was no comment from the speedster due to the absence of Artemis but instead Robin began speaking, "I could..."

Cutting him off I tried giving reason to my wanting to stay, "It would be better if I'm alone. I can focus."

There was a lingering silence. 

"I need those items tonight to finish on time."

"Guys this could be fun! I haven't had the whole gang together for a while and it would really help me loosen up if I get to hang with all of you again!" For the first time since I met Zatanna I was relived when she spoke. She wrapped around Robin's arm drawing him close and linked her other arm around Miss. Martian's, "Come on! We'll have fun!"

"Are you sure you will be alright here by yourself?" Robin's masked eyes turned to stare at me. 

"Of course. Thank you for retrieving the needed items. I will be in my room." With that I turned quickly heading back to my room.

"Finally!"

"Be patient. I have to make sure no one else is here and they have to actually leave."