4

Paul was going to run back to where his pack was

Paul was going to run back to where his pack was. His patrol was over, and then what he had found out was incredibly shocking. Thankfully, the person that he was patrolling with one of his pack mates Jared, and he had left already. 

Therefore, he could not hear the thoughts that were going through Paul's mind. 

At this very moment, Paul did not know what to feel. He now knew that his imprint was a vampire, the one thing that he hated. 

His kind and her kind were known for being sworn enemies. 

He couldn't even call her kind 'leeches' anymore, not even in his mind. It was frustrating for Paul because he had grown up around the idea that vampires for his enemies. That he had to protect his tribe from these vampires and that they were the ones that were dangerous.

His imprint had challenged his belief system in that sense.

"Hey Paul, do you want a muffin?" Emily had asked the wolf.

The rest of the pack was there, Jake and Seth were ready to go on their patrol. Jared was sitting with his imprint, Penelope. This girl was as loved as Emily was with the pack and she had accepted the pack. 

She was part of a family that she had always dreamed of, and she was thus happy being a part of this dysfunctional family. 

When Paul had seen them together, he had hoped that his imprint would be as happy as Penelope was with the pack. Paul had hoped that she would embrace the family that he was a part of and that the pack would love her as much back. 

Though, now that Paul knew that his imprint was a vampire, he was not so sure anymore. He wanted to be happy with her, but he had no clue as to how the pack would react to a vampire being an imprint. 

Paul wanted to talk to Sam about this before he did anything else about this situation. 

"Actually Emily, I need to talk to Sam first," Paul stated. 

There was no anger in his tone, and that was rare because of his anger always being at the forefront of his mind. The woman knew that he was not angry, but she knew that what he had to say was serious.

Sam had come up behind Emily, hearing what Paul had said. With the threat of the red-haired vampire being present, he did not want to take any chances on what his packmates would have to say to him.

"Come outside Paul," Sam stated.

The two had walked outside. Sam wanted Paul outside incase he had begun to become so angry that he had forced himself to turn into his wolf. He did not want the scenario in which he had to control a raging wolf.

What Sam did not realize was that Paul held no anger at the moment, instead, his mind was full of confusion and curiosity for his newfound imprint.

Paul did not want to withhold any information, and he had thus started to speak right away, 

"I have imprinted," Paul said quickly. 

When Sam had heard what he had said, his eyes had noticeable widened in shock. He did not know what was so wrong about what Paul had said, in fact, Sam was happy for his packmate. 

Though, Paul spoke as though there was a problem with his imprint. 

"I'm happy that you have finally imprinted Paul," Sam spoke while patting his shoulder. 

Paul's shoulders had begun to sag, not knowing how his alpha would react to the news that he was going to tell him.

"She's a Cullen, a vampire," Paul had added on.

Sam had finally understood why Paul was acting as though meeting his imprint was the end of the world. Vampires were in no way accepted into the pack, and now, one of his pack mates had imprinted on their natural enemy. 

"This has not been heard of," Sam started to say. 

He wanted to continue, but Sam did not have all the answers. Paul had sighed and looked away from Sam, waiting for him to reject his imprint, and thus reject him. 

"Let me look into it and I will let you know," Sam spoke.

Paul's stress had not left him, he cared a lot about his imprint and they have not even had a decent conversation yet.