8

When Jacob Black had seen the vampire with Paul, Sam, and Carlisle, he did not know what to think

When Jacob Black had seen the vampire with Paul, Sam, and Carlisle, he did not know what to think. He knew that in Bella's eyes Carlisle was a good vampire, and he had thus decided to believe what she had said. 

Though, he had never met this new vampire.

While remaining in his wolf form, his mind had begun to believe that this vampire was an enemy. That she was somehow related to what was going on with the redhead and that Carlisle had brought her to the border for the pack to handle.

There were a lot of gaps in what he was thinking, but somehow his mind had come to this conclusion, it had made the most sense to him.

Therefore, without thinking, he had pounced when she had come to his side of the treaty line.

Scarlett had screamed in both shock and fear, she knew that this was not Paul's wolf, it could not be his. Jacob's wolf was aggressively attempting to harm the vampire, while she had her arms up attempting to block him. 

"Stop it, Jake!" Sam had spoken in his alpha voice, commanding him.

Somehow, the wolf within him had not accepted this command. Knowing that he was the real alpha had caused him to ignore what Sam was saying. Instead, after Sam had spoken, he had begun to become much more aggressive on his mission to kill this vampire.

Anything to keep Bella safe.

His mind was filled with thoughts of Bella, that if this vampire was dead, that she would be safer than before. Not completely safe, that would happen when the redhead was dead, but it was a start. 

Then, there was the sound of fabric ripping, and Paul's wolf was livid. 

Jacob had begun to smirk in his mind, in his perspective, Paul was joining in on the fun of killing the vampire. Therefore, he had stepped away so that Paul could finish her off. The reason is that because he was the hot head of the pack, he would enjoy this kill a lot more than Jacob would.

Though, when he had reached Scarlett's scared body, he had turned around and had begun to protect her from the person who was a threat to her.

In this case, it was Jacob Black.

When the pack link had taken its effect, he saw exactly who this woman was to Paul. This had made Jacob's wolf to visibly shake.

The pack had always criticized him for caring about Bella, and now, his own pack mate had imprinted on a vampire. Even better for Jacob, it was the one wolf who had hated vampires with a passion.

Jacob had snapped his teeth at Paul, and right when Paul was going to pounce, Scarlett had spoken.

"Please do not hurt him Paul," Scarlett had spoken softly. 

Paul had heard what she had said loud and clear. Even though Paul wanted to attack with every fiber in his being, wanting to teach Jacob a lesson, he would not against his imprint's wishes. 

When Jacob had realized that Paul had calmed down, he was going to attack but then Sam had spoken,

"Go home Jacob," Sam spoke in an eerily calm voice. 

He had given his alpha command when he had spoken once more, and this time, Jacob had run back to where the rest of the pack was. 

Paul had shifted back into his human form, and after putting his clothes on, had stood next to Scarlett.

"Are you okay?" Paul asked. 

Even though she was a vampire, he was inspecting her completely. He was looking for any bruises or places where she was harmed, even though it was physically impossible for her to be harmed due to her being a vampire.

Scarlett had laughed and replied,

"I'm okay Paul, no bruises or any blisters," Scarlett spoke while laughing. 

She was not laughing at him, but rather his actions. He knew that she was capable of taking care of herself, but he was still playing the role of an overprotective mate. 

"Okay then, come on," Paul had spoken.

He was excited to show his imprint his home place, but he did not know how the pack would take the fact that a vampire was in La Push. 

Then, Carlisle had left Scarlett with a small nod in her direction. Paul and Sam had then turned in the direction fo Sam's house and Paul had said,

"Welcome to La Push,"