9

Sam was getting ready to leave, but he had then realized the implications of Scarlett being in the La Push territory

Sam had realized that a vampire was going to meet the two imprints at Sam's house. The two imprints, the most important people in the world for Jared and Sam, were going to meet the wolves' sworn enemy.

The one is that they were supposed to protect their imprints from, that they were never supposed to interact with, was going to meet with them. Sam was scared for the safety of his imprint, he didn't know what could happen when the three would meet.

Sam knew that the wolves could handle themselves, but he didn't know if the imprints could. He didn't know if Scarlett could snap in an instant, and want them for her next meal.

Though, through the short interaction that he's had with her, he didn't want to offend Scarlett.

Especially since she was the imprint of the hot head of the pack, and Sam knew that Paul could snap at any minute.

Therefore, Sam was hesitant to ask this question, but he had to ask for the safety of his path. Even though Scarlet had become a part of the pact because she was an imprint, he still needed to protect the person that he loved. That was Emily, and he was fiercely protective over her.

"I just want to know, you can control yourself, right?" Sam had asked hesitantly.

Sam believed that Scarlet would take offense to this, but instead, she smiled. It was as though she had understood where Sam was coming from, and that was the case.

Even though Scarlet did not know a lot about the wolves, she understood why he would ask this question. After Jake had attacked her, she knew the pack was not going to take her being in La Push in a very acceptable manner.

Paul, on the other hand, was furious. He could not believe that Sam would ask this question, in Paul's mind at least, the answer to this question was self-explanatory, but he still chose to ask Scarlett about her dietary needs, as though she was going to attack at any moment.

Paul believed that his imprint was already offended and that she would want to leave before giving Paul a chance. Paul was ready to jump on Sam, and he was angrier than ever. He believes that Scarlet to take offense to what Sam had asked, but she responded with,

"I'm going to be fine Sam, but if it would make you more comfortable, the whole pack can be present for when I meet your significant other, and any other imprints in the pack," Scarlett spoke.

After Scarlet has spoken, she had then given a small smile to attempt to reassure Sam's thoughts of what she was saying. Even though Sam was not one hundred percent sure that he would accept what she had said, he had a feeling that he should believe her.

He did feel a little bit more at ease from getting the confirmation that she would be able to control herself. Then, with a small nod towards Paul's direction, Sam had run off to be able to go back to his house.

Where his imprint was waiting for him.

While Scarlet was perfectly fine with what Sam had asked, Paul did not exactly happy about what had occurred. It might seem a little foolish, but Paul had trusted his imprint completely.

He truly did believe that she had good intentions, and he didn't need anything to be able to justify that. He just knew it in his mind.

His heart was telling him to believe her.

"So, tell me a bit more about yourself," Scarlett had spoken with a small smile in his direction.

Not many people had known about her gift, the power of being able to copy the gifts of others, and use them. In this case, she was using Jasper's, and she could feel his anger, even though he was feeling a bit calm around Scarlett.

Scarlett had then begun to rub his arm in soothing circles, attempting to calm the hot head down. It was working, little by little it was. Paul had then sent a smile in her direction, and he had then begun to tell her a lot more about himself.

The couple had thus begun to strengthen their bond and had begun to fall for each other.