15

Paul and Scarlett had left right after the Cullens and Jacob had decided that the wolves will be joining the fight against the forming army

Paul and Scarlett had left right after the Cullens and Jacob had decided that the wolves will be joining the fight against the forming army. Paul was going to take Scarlett to Sam's house, he wanted her to inform Sam of this. 

Since Jacob had feelings for Bella, his viewpoint as to why the wolves should join the war may be slightly biased. 

For some reason, Sam was much more lenient and accepting of Scarlett. Therefore, it is much easier for her to have a chance to able to speak her part. This was on the basis of the situation at the moment. 

Instead of feeling this from an emotional perspective, even though she did have an emotional connection to the situation, she had to view it from an incredibly objective perspective. The situation could cost lives, and she needed Sam to be aware of this. 

Therefore, after the talk with Alice, Scarlett asked if she could talk to Sam, and he had agreed.

At the moment, the two of them were in the woods, walking together while talking.

"Hey Paul?" Scarlett had asked in the middle of their discussion.

Paul had been lost in their previous conversation. It was somewhat surprising to hear Scarlett become so formal in an instant. Paul had then turned in Scarlett's direction to see

"Yeah Scarlett?" Paul replied.

The two had thus stopped walking and Paul had responded. For some reason they both had known with this discussion would be a serious one. Scarlett wanted to know something before they were caught up and preparing for this fight, or in the worst-case scenario, one of their lives was lost. 

She wanted to know where their relationship stood. 

Even though it had only been a couple of days, Scarlett had wanted the confirmation. That they were going to make it in the long run, that this relationship means something to Paul as much as it does for her.

Scarlett could not bear the thought of Paul believing that their relationship would go nowhere, that the time that they were spending together on borrowed time. She wanted this relationship to last, and for some reason, she would do anything to keep it intact. 

These were uncertain times, and Scarlett needed a direct answer. She wanted to feel more secure about their relationship. Therefore, Scarlett had started this conversation.

"Paul, where do we stand?" Scarlett asked. 

At first, Paul was confused by the question. 

Why did she want to know now of all times? 

Also, he was confused as to why she was asking the first place. Though, after giving himself a moment to be able to collect his thoughts after finding out the news that his pack might have to fight for a girl who runs with vampires, he had realized what she was asking.

"You and I, are going to last for a very long time Scarlett our relationship is something that I will not ignore. This relationship means everything to me and I will do anything to keep it intact," Paul replied. 

Paul wanted to give all the confirmation in the world that they were going to make it. That they were going to have no struggles in their relationship, and that everyone was okay with it. 

Even though that was not the case. 

Therefore, Paul could not lie to his imprint like this. With their lives on the line, Paul did not want anything to be left unspoken. That was the exact same way that Scarlett was feeling. 

Then, as that was an instinct, Paul placed his hand on Scarlett's cheek. She closed her eyes on the basis of that one action. She acted as though this one action had given her immense pleasure, which it did. The sparks between them were undeniable, and they kept strengthening.

"You feel normal," Paul said. 

Scarlett opened her eyes and made eye contact with Paul, and she also replied with,

"You also feel normal, not too hot at all," Scarlett replied. 

The two of them wanted to stay in this moment for as long as they could, but that could not be the case. There were other matters if they have to attend to, especially telling the wolf pack and getting them to agree on fighting against a vampire army. The two do not know what to expect when they got there. 

Though, they knew that they would stand through this together.