20

"Hey Scarlett, ready to go?" Paul asked as he had walked into the room

When Paul had walked in, the attention of all three of the imprintees attention was thus given in his general direction. Paul had given a silent indication towards Scarlett's direction, and Scarlett had smiled in his direction.

Scarlett had thus then brushed off some imaginary or little bits of dust on her, and stood up. Emily and Penelope had followed, the three already forming a bond that Paul would not begin to understand. 

"Bye," Scarlett had said. 

Penelope and Emily had both each given a hug to their new friend, happy to accept her into their little 'club'. Not a club in reality, more like a part of their ever-growing family. 

Paul and Scarlett had both begun to walk around the area of La Push. The two not wanting to be separated so soon. They wanted to spend much more time together, and if that had meant that they would have to walk around, that is fine by them. 

So long as the two of them were together, they were satisfied.

"So, what was that all about?" Paul had asked Scarlett. 

Scarlett wanted to be completely open with Paul, though, with the insecurities that she was feeling, she was not ready to say anything. There were many doubts that were roaming around her mind and they were all subjects that the couple had to discuss.

 She knew that the bond that they had gotten tends to usually eliminate all doubt that the two would have each other. They were people, but their souls were bonded in a way that the two could not begin to comprehend. 

This had applied to any and every doubt that they had about each other.

Though, this was one thing that Scarlett cannot get herself to stop thinking about. This was the one thing that she wanted to tell Paul, but she was incredibly hesitant to do so. Therefore, she had replied,

"Nothing much, we were just bonding," Scarlett replied. 

Paul had seemed as though he did not believe what she was saying. There was something within him, the more primal part of him, that was telling him that there was something wrong with his imprint. 

He wanted to be able to ask her what it was, and even though the two had spent time together, that does not mean that they have to be completely open about each other. They were still in the stage of getting to know each other, and neither of them wanted to push the other into the next step.

To some extent, Paul was still somewhat in the state of processing all of this. 

This was such a drastic change from his 'normal' life, and it was one that he had not expected to happen to himself. He knew that at one point in his life that his imprint was coming, and he was excited about it, but that did not mean that he was ready.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?" Paul had thus asked hesitantly. 

This was the one time that Paul had hoped that Scarlett would tell him the truth. 

That she would be completely open with him, and that will be a new step towards the right direction for this couple. It was true that Scarlett had wanted to do so. 

After talking with Emily and Penelope about her doubts, she felt as though the next person to talk to about this was her mate, Paul. 

"It's just, there's a lot of things going through my mind right now," Scarlett replied silently. 

She did not expect it, but Paul had placed a hand on her cheek and had then begun to rub it. He was giving her both affection and comfort and somehow this was exactly what Scarlett had needed. 

She would not have expressed it out loud, but this was more than enough for her. 

"What is going through your mind?" Paul asked quietly. 

He had pulled her closer to him, the primal part of him wanting to comfort his imprint in any way that he possibly could.