10

Jacob was relieved to see that he had made it to Sam's house, where the rest of the pack was

Jacob was relieved to see that he had made it to Sam's house, where the rest of the pack was. Thankfully, Sam was not there yet. He did not want Sam's opinion about Paul's imprint to skewer the way that he thinks the pack should react to the news. 

When Jake had walked in, Emily had finished making more treats for the pack. They were all eagerly waiting for her to finish, they were all craving Emily's treats. That was why they spent a lot of their time at Sam's house. 

Even though they have to go to Sam's house for their patrol, to inform him, they were also there all day because of the treats that Emily made.

"Paul imprinted," Jacob spoke breathlessly. 

He wanted the whole pack to side with him in this scenario, that the leech that Paul imprinted on was a danger to the pack and therefore needed to not be allowed at La Push.

The reaction that Jacob got was one of happiness form him pack mates and the imprints. The pack was happy for Paul. 

They were happy that there was at least someone on this planet that would be able to control the hothead to an extent. At some point, Paul's anger was something that the pack could not handle. 

His anger was something that was uncontrollable, sometimes to Paul himself as well, that he was in a blind rage, and he was not able to stop. Though, now they were relieved that there was someone out there who would handle him. 

They were also happy to add a new imprint in their midst, that the two present imprints would be able to have a new friend.

"It's a leech," Jacob added on.

That was when the pack had become silent. This pair of imprint, a vampire and a wolf was a topic that was unheard of. The two species were natural enemies, and therefore, there was no possibility that they could be an imprint couple.

Though, instead of listening to Jake, Jared had replied with,

"I think there is a perfectly reasonable explanation to all of this," he spoke. 

He was calm in this scenario because he knew what an imprint had felt like. When he had met Penelope, the imprint was instantaneous. There was no feeling that could compare to what it felt like when a wolf had imprinted. 

Therefore, unlike the rest of the wolves, he had kept a level head. 

"Let's wait for Sam," Jared added on.

The pack was divided. They knew that they should be furious about this, but no wolf other than Jacob was upset by this news. Some of the pack members believed that due to his hatred for Edward, and his love for Bella, he was blinded. 

Then, Sam had walked through the door. 

The house was silent, and that was something that was uncharacteristic of the pack and the house. The house was always full of noise, due to the pack being there. Therefore, Sam was confused.

He had then understood what was going on when he saw Jake with his arms crossed, still upset about a leech being an imprint. 

"So you all know that a vampire is now an imprint?" Sam spoke.

His voice rang with authority, and the pack members had all nodded their heads, solidifying what Sam had already known.

"It is true that a vampire is an imprint, more specifically, Paul's imprint," Sam spoke.

Everyone in the house was pushing each other around, wanting to get to Sam first to ask the questions that were on their mind. When that did not work, the pack members were then all speaking at the same time.

"Who is she?" Embry asked.

"Where is she?" Leah asked.

"Is she with the redhead?" Quil asked.

"Does she drink human blood?" Jared asked.

These were some of the questions that were asked. Then, Sam had raised his hand, the pack becoming silent. 

"She is a Cullen, she does not drink human blood, she is in La Push with Paul," Sam replied. 

He had attempted to answer all the questions that he pack members had asked. Before Sam could add anything else, the sound of Paul's and a girl's laughter was taking over the silence of the house. 

The sound was foreign to the pack, this laugh was genuine for Paul. The pack did not smell the scent of a vampire, therefore, they were shocked that a vampire was on their land. 

The wolves within them had felt no danger what so ever.