Epilogue

It had been five years now

It had been five years now. The battles have been fought, and the Cullens had chosen to remain in Forks for the reason of both Bella and Edward. Scarlett was happy with the pack and her imprint, even though the two of them had their disagreements and their own problems, the love that they had for each other had prevailed. 

"Paul, you need to leave soon!" Scarlett shouted from the kitchen as she was preparing food for her mate.

Scarlett admittedly was not the best cook when the two of them had met, but over the years she had picked up enough to be able to feed Paul. Paul had walked into the kitchen, his body language showing that he was calm. 

"Scarlett it's not today, I have today completely free. Remember?" Paul replied. 

Scarlett had furrowed her eyebrows in concentration, attempting to remember if that was true. Then, suddenly, her face had shifted to one of realization when she had realized that what he was saying was true.

"Oh, then I am so sorry for calling you down in such a hurry," Scarlett replied.

She had looked down while she was saying this. Paul's facial features had shifted towards a small fond smile, and he walked up to his imprint, taking her face in his hands. She looked up at him with a pout that he would describe as adorable, and then leaned down and gave her a chaste kiss. 

Then, he had pulled away and replied,

"My little confused imprint," Paul spoke with a fond smile on his face.

Once Paul had finished speaking, Scarlett had looked down in embarrassment. If she were human she would have blushed as red as a tomato. Even up until now, there was something about the way that Paul spoke and handled himself that had made Scarlett feel completely different. 

It was something that was beyond their control. The two were still strong, and their bond had not failed to surprise them. The two had bickered like any normal couple would over the past couple of years, but they would always come back to each other.

 Obviously, this was an effect of them being tied to each other through the mate and imprint bond. Though, the extent of this bond never fails to surprise the two. Over the past couple of years, a lot has happened, and the couple had their own ups and downs, but somehow their bond prevails. 

Not every couple has something like this to be able to tether to and thus to be able to mend their relationship. With Paul and Scarlett, they are lucky that they have this, but even without they had fallen for each other because of their personalities, and the moments that they had.

As Paul was looking at Scarlet, as she was looking down feelings slightly embarrassed by his words, he knew in a moment that now was the time to ask the question. He had everything ready, he was just waiting for the right moment. Paul had thought about this for a while, pondering whether the two were ready for marriage.

Then, as he was staring at her, the question blurted out of him before he could stop himself.

"Will you marry me," Paul asked.

When Scarlett had looked at him in shock, Paul had realized that he was going to get rejected. Then, his eyes had widend when she had responded with the response that he had dreamed of,

"Yes," Scarlett replied. 

This was the start of their forever.