5

Scarlett Cullen was on her way back home

Scarlett Cullen was on her way back home. She did not know if her 'sister' Alice had known about what had just occurred, but she had needed answers. 

Scarlett had no idea that she would meet her mate and that this would happen to her today of all days. There was already an issue about a vampire being after Bella, and that it had become seemingly impossible to catch her. 

Scarlett knew that her soulmate would always come first in her mind, and she was not wrong in this scenario. She had already begun to care for him, and she had not even seen his face yet. 

She just was not expecting her soulmate to be a wolf. 

She had expected that maybe her mate would be a human, or that they would be a vampire, like Scarlett. A wolf being her mate was something that was far from her mind. 

It is not as though she hated them. 

She just knew what one of her siblings Rosalie would say about her being soulmates with the wolf. Her sister, for all intents, believed that wolves were inferior to her, and it was no secret that Rose had deemed that Scarlett was her favorite sibling. They had a bond that no other sibling had with her and the Cullen family. 

Not even her brother.

They understood each other in a way that just made them be perfect siblings. They were best friends since the day that they had met, and Scarlett didn't want to do anything to jeopardize that.

Due to this bond, Scarlett had hoped that her sister would understand where she was coming from and be accepting of her mate. Even if it was a being that was unexpected to the girl and one that she had a hatred for. If Rosalie did not agree with what she was saying, Scarlett would not know what to do. 

Though, in this case, her soulmate was much more important. 

Scarlett had arrived at the Cullen residence, and if she were human, her heart would be beating out of her chest at a rate that would be deemed as unhealthy. They were billions of scenarios that were going through Scarlett's mind. 

She didn't know which one of them would actually happen. 

Though, none of them were that good. Scarlett had thus taken an unnecessarily deep breath. Then she had begun to walk inside the house. Her knowing that her family already knew that she was home.

"We need to talk," Scarlett had spoken when she was inside the house. 

The family was all sitting together when they heard her. They thought that maybe something horrible had occurred during her time outside and that it was something related to the vampire that they have not been able to catch. 

"What's wrong?" Edward and Emmett had both spoke at the same time. 

Like Rosalie, Emmett also had a bond with Scarlett. Emmett saw how much his mate had cared about the girl when they had met and had chosen to accept her. In the end, Emmett and she were best friends. 

He and Edward both being her overprotective brothers. 

"I crossed the border by accident," Scarlett had begun to say. 

Carlisle had noticeably stiffened at what she had said, he did not know how the wolf pack would react to this news. Technically, they had broken the agreement that was made between the Cullen Clan and the wolf pack.

"I met my mate there," Scarlett added on. 

Rosalie's eyes had brightened while Emmett and Edward, on the other hand, had crossed their arms in defiance. Rosalie knew how long Scarlett had waited for her mate, and she was going to be in for a big surprise. 

"He's a wolf," Scarlett finished. 

Rosalie's eyes had then begun to darken. Emmett and Edward were also noticeably upset by this. Though, the three of them had attempted to put on a happy facade in front of their sister, not wanting to upset her. 

No matter how much they were against this, there were greater powers at play here, and they were not ones to go against the forces of nature. 

"What do I do Carlisle?" Scarlett asked.

If she were human, she would be crying tears of frustration. It was not as though she was always incredibly emotional, but this situation had made her like this. 

"Let me talk to Sam first, we will figure this out," Carlisle spoke reassuringly.