16

Paul and Scarlett had continued to walk after their little moment

Paul and Scarlett had continued to walk after their little moment. They had eventually made it to Sam's house, and both of them could hear the pack making sounds inside the house. 

All the pack members were all gathered together, Jacob and the others who had gone to the graduation party had made it back home. That had given Paul and Scarlett the indication that the pack had some knowledge about what was going on. 

Paul had walked in with Scarlett and the talking had continued. They had not realized that the two were here, and that was somewhat of a surprise. This was different from what had occurred last time, where everyone was quiet and that was because they had just found out about the imprint. 

Eventually, Sam had realized that both Paul and Scarlett were in the house.

"Hey Paul, hey Scarlett," Sam had said. 

All the attention was given to the two who had walked in. Scarlett had started to squirm under the eyes of the whole pack. Paul had realized that she was feeling uncomfortable, and had begun to shake due to how angry he was feeling. 

He wanted to get everyone to look away from his imprint and to comfort her away from the people who were making her feeling uncomfortable. 

Though, he could not do that. 

The next best option for Paul was for him to run out of the house. Paul knew that he had to leave right before he turns into a wolf, or else it could end in a disaster inside the house. Paul knew the incident that had occurred between Sam and Emily. 

The whole pack knew about it. 

Jared and Penelope were there for it, and they knew exactly how bad the situation was. Their incident had become a cautionary tale for the wolves of the pack. This tale was one that no one had ignored, and they had all thus become much more hesitant around others.

Fearing that they would lose control at any moment. 

Almost as though Scarlet could read Paul's mind, she had nodded in his general direction, this was an indication that he could leave the room. This was also a reassurance from Scarlett that his imprint would not be harmed. 

He gave a glare towards the rest of the pack. 

He wanted them to know that no harm was meant to come to Scarlett, and if he found out that she was harmed in any way physically or emotionally, the entire pack would have to respond to him. Even though he considered his pack mates to be like family, his imprint always came first. That was room in the bag, in there for that understood where Paul was coming from.

"Sorry about that," Scarlet spoke up. 

Scarlett was acting shy due to the fact that her mate had to leave in such a hurry in front of all of these people, but she didn't realize was that the pack was already used to the way the Paul had acted, and therefore, they did not feel odd about him running away and bursting into a wolf seconds after coming into the house. 

Actually, it was much more normal.

"Jacob told us what is going on, what do you need from us?" Sam asked. 

"There is a battle coming.  We all need to work together to be able to protect this town and the people in it. We need to come to an understanding," Scarlett stated.

This was the time for the two sides to work together, and Scarlett had to convince Sam of this. She did not know though that he was going to be convinced easily.

"Can you agree to this Sam?" Scarlett asked.

"Why would we listen to a leech like you?" Embry stated.

He still had his reservations, and it was justified in this scenario. Though, their reservations about Scarlett was one that had to be discussed within the pack. 

Possibly with her involved in the conversation. 

"I agree," Jacob stated right after Embry spoke. 

It was time for business, and that was when Scarlett had told them about a hesitant plan.