21

"It is just, our relationship," Scarlett had started off

She wanted to continue, but for some reason, the vampire was getting tongue-tied. There was nothing that she could do to stop herself from feeling this way, the feeling of nervousness was not leaving her.

"You need to tell me everything," Paul stated. 

Paul and Scarlett have chosen to both remain in each other's embrace. It was a silent agreement between the couple, and there was not a chance that they would lose this moment together. 

With the issues that they have had so far, and the upcoming problems that they were going to face due to Bella and Edward. They both need this talk more than anything else, and they had not realized that they need it,

They had chosen to remain in silence during their embrace, not wanting to ruin the serenity that both were feeling through just holding each other in their arms. Scarlett had only one wish at that moment, that Paul would not let her go. 

Though, it was finally time for Scarlet had to adhere to the face that she has doubts about their relationship, especially due to their differing species.

"Paul the time that I have spent with you has been amazing, I would not change it for anything," Scarlet had started.

She wanted to be able to be with her. There was something holding her back, and she didn't know what it was. She needs to be the one to have the ability to be open with Paul. Though, Scarlett had felt uncomfortable though. 

What she was saying were the doubts that had always remained in her head constantly, and therefore for some reason, when she has to be the one to discuss this situation, she wanted to present the situation and her doubts gently.

"I am glad that you believe that the time that we have spent together makes us both feel the same way. A feeling of peace," Paul replied.

He knew that this conversation was one that could get messy, especially on the basis of the way that Scarlett was speaking. 

"The problems that we have been facing, from the pack especially are getting to me now," Scarlett spoke.

"Now hold on a second," Paul spoke. 

Scarlett had interrupted what Paul was going to say to defend the actions of his pack.

"I know that they have accepted me now. Though, they did bring up some good points. There is nothing that we can do about the fact that I am a vampire and that you are a werewolf, natural enemies. Our species should not be allowed to mix, but still, you have chosen me," Scarlet stated. 

These were some of the doubts that Scarlett had contemplated while away from Pual, that their relationship was something that was temporary. 

"I do not know for how long I have felt this way, but I do not believe that this relationship will last. I've been hurt in the past by men, and I do not know where this relationship will go. I know that we are meant to be together, but what if destiny is lying this one time," Scarlett finished. 

Paul had stood there with his eyes widened, not understanding what was coming out of Scarlett's mouth. He was processing the fact that Scarlett had little faith in their relationship, and he knew that at this moment, he had to show his feelings. 

He had then brought Scarlett closer than he had ever held her before, and the leaned down and kissed her. Scarlett had yelped the second that they had begun to kiss, not expect these actions from Paul. 

Paul had then pulled away from the kiss, leaving Scarlett breathless. He had then placed his forehead against Scarlett's forehead.

"My feelings for you are real, they always will be," Paul stated.

If Scarlett would be able to blush, she would. What Paul had said next was something that had determined whether Scarlett had believed in their relationship or not. 

"Be my girlfriend?" Paul asked.

This is the end of the book, there is only the Epilogue left now :)