17

Paul had come back into Sam's house

Paul had come back into Sam's house. He saw that the pack was remaining at a distance from Scarlett. Jared was keeping Penelope protected from her, and moving her to a different room. They were all unsure of Scarlett's intentions.

There was no doubt about it. 

Paul wanted to burst out into his wolf again. 

He wanted them to be a normal couple, to be able to be accepted by the pack wholeheartedly. In which there would be no doubts about his imprint and no reservations about Scarlett. 

Though they do not live in a perfect world, and they were considered an anomaly. At least their relationship was. 

"We all need to talk now," Sam stated. 

This was confusing to the rest of the pack. Moments ago they were discussing the plan of how they were going to go against the vampire army, how they needed to train soon to be able to protect themselves. Even if the prided themselves on the killings of vampires, they still had little knowledge of newborns.

This was a knowledge that the Cullen clan could provide when and if it was needed. 

That was the case in this scenario.

 Sam had stopped the discussion because he had intended to discuss with the pack the doubts that they have with Scarlett's presence in La Push. He had gone far enough, and he did not want another outburst from Paul. 

They couldn't handle another one. 

His wolf form was one that was less tamed. And us it needed to be somewhat controlled. The one thing that had stopped it was when he was with Scarlett. A lot of the time Paul was a wolf because he was upset that someone was upsetting Scarlett, and that was something that a wolf can not allow to occur with his imprint.

This went against the belief that the imprints were above the pack laws, that the laws for treating an imprint were absolute, and left no room for any doubts.

" Scarlett, this discussion also involves you," Sam stated. 

Scarlett was about to get up to leave, she had believed that what they were going to discuss was pack business. That only pack members were allowed to be part of this discussion. What she didn't realize was that she was already a part of the pack. 

Any discussion that they had at any point had meant that she was somewhat involved one way or another.

"Sure what is it?" Scarlett asked. 

She genuinely did not know what this discussion was going to be about. She didn't think that there was anything for her to discuss with the pack and any topics that held any relevance to her. 

The only thing that they could truly focus on was the army that was approaching, and with their leader wanting to take Bella's life. 

They had to pay attention to that, but Sam believes that without trusting Scarlett, the pack would not be able to do well in the war. Plus, he wants Paul to experience a part of the happiness that Sam has felt when he is with Emily. 

Sam did not want Paul to be angry every time he comes to La Push, or to Sam's house, and turning into a wolf every time. 

"I need to build trust between you and the pack," Sam stated. 

Everyone's eyes had widened in shock of disbelief, maybe even both. Sam had nodded his head in Scarlett's direction, and she somehow knew that she had to begin telling her story. 

Of how she had become a vampire. 

"I was born on December 5th, 1902, so I am one year younger than Edward. Dad was a little distant with us, and Edward had wanted to go to war. Then both my parents had gotten the Spanish Influenza. My father died in the first wave of influenza. My mother had then later contracted the Spanish Influenza and begged the doctor who was taking care of them, Carlisle, to do everything within his power to save her son," Scarlett started with her story. 

"At the time, I was away from home. I had found out that my whole family had died, that I was the last survivor in our family. I was on my way home when I had found Edward," Scarlett continued.

"When he had seen me, something snapped within him and he bit me, drank some blood from me, and therefore I was left with the venom within me," Scarlett added on. 

"My turning was not a choice, but rather, a selfish desire for Edward to keep some part of his past with him," Scarlett finished her story.

Paul knew only of the little details in this story, he did not know it from a holistic perspective. This was the first time he was hearing of this, and he was taking in every word that she was saying. 

The pack had then realized that she was just as much as them as they were a part of the pack.