12

"Did you guys sleep together?" Alice immediately asked once Scarlett had walked inside the house

It was as though the girl was just waiting for Scarlett to show up. Since Alice could not see the future with the wolves present, she had to rely on information from Scarlett. 

Alice was a person who had hated being in the dark in these matters, and she had no clue as to what was going on with the couple. Though, she had chosen to support them as they try to make their relationship work.

When Scarlett had shaken her head, signifying a no, Alice had asked the next best thing.

"Kiss?" Alice asked again as she had some type of hope for her sister.

In this situation, Alice wanted every detail. 

Though, she had overestimated Scarlett in this situation. Even though Scarlett knew of these things, she had never done them before. This entire relationship was a whole new world for her. 

On top of that, she and Paul were natural enemies, so that had made things a lot more complicated than they would have liked for it to be. Alice did not get the memo yet, she was prying for details, and there was nothing stopping her rampage.

"Anything?" Alice asked while she threw her hands up in the air in frustration. 

It may seem like Alice was invading Scarlett's personal space and life, but she really did want what was best for her. Alice knew that when she told Scarlett that she could not see her soulmate, it had crushed the girl.

Scarlett for a long time had believed that she would be mateless, that there was no one that was made for her. For the others though, Alice had all the answers for their mates, and they were all happy.

That had left Scarlett out as the odd one out. She did not want or like that title, but it was true, and at that point, there was nothing she could do about but find happiness in the happiness of others. 

That had worked for some time, and she was happy with her life with her family, she believed that was all the love that she had needed in the world. 

"He gave me a kiss on the cheek if that's what you want," Scarlett replied with a giggle while smiling in Alice's direction.

Scarlett was happy with that small step forward in the relationship between her and Paul. Even though she did not explicitly say it, she wanted their relationship to go at a steady pace.

Since Scarlett had not expected this to occur in the first place, her finding a mate, she wanted to spend some time getting to know him. To then adjust to the idea of having a soulmate.

"Boo," Alice replied while sticking her tongue out. 

The Cullen family had laughed at the discussion between the two girls, while Edward and Emmett were not exactly happy with this situation. Edward hated this situation because he was basically throwing his sister into the wolves.

Emmett hated it because he was fiercely protective over the girl who he considers his sister, and the one wolf that imprints on her is the one that attacked him when chasing after Victoria.

"How was it honey?" Esme had asked once the two girls had stopped giggling. 

"It was amazing Esme, but the pack did not seem to like me too much. I could not meet any of the other imprints," Scarlett replied.

She had wanted to meet other people who had experience with this bond. Even though they might be different species, it does not mean that they did not feel the same things that she was feeling. 

They all were imprints so they knew how it felt to receive that bond and Scarlett had just wanted to know that she was not alone in this. 

That other people have gone through this. 

"I'm sure it will just take some getting used to Scarlett," Carlisle said. 

He had put a reassuring hand on her shoulder, attempting to comfort the girl that seemed upset by the pack not accepting her.

 Even though Scarlett understood where they were coming from, she still wanted to create a family-like bond with the pack.

"I hope so," Scarlett replied with a sigh.