1

It was the middle of the night, and the Cullen clan and the wolf pack were both chasing after one redheaded vampire

It was the middle of the night, and the Cullen clan and the wolf pack were both chasing after one redheaded vampire. For the very first time, Scarlett Cullen had joined the hunt for the red-headed vampire.

Up until now, she had not been a part of the hunt. The reason being that her brothers were all against her going against her. Due to her shy nature, they believed that she would not need to be a part of the hunt. 

That she should stay with Bella and distract her, while the others went out and attempted to catch the redhead who had been a pain to both the pack and the clan. 

This time though, the only reason that she had been able to join the hunt was that her older biological sibling Edward was not present. The clan needed someone else to join them, just in case if things had gotten out of hand. 

Scarlett was a fast vampire, and she was the only one who had a chance of being able to catch the vampire.

Both the pack and the Cullen clan did not know that both of them were after the same vampire at the same time. They believed that they were acting alone and that was true until Victoria had started to stand right at the border. She had then begun a game of jumping on both sides, taunting the two sides that divided for a very long time.

The two sides who were known to be natural enemies.

Eventually, Scarlett's brother, Emmett had enough. He had leaped to catch her, and she was faster. Therefore, Emmett had made it to the other side of the border. A place that he was not allowed to be at. 

"Emmett!" Scarlett and Rosalie had both shouted out in concern.

Rosalie was concerned for her mate, and Scarlett was concerned because she had no clue as to what the wolves could and would do to her brother. 

She had never met the wolves before, and in the darkness, none of them could tell that there was a vampire that they had never seen before in their midst.

The hothead wolf of the pack, Paul Lahote, was immediately after the Cullen who had crossed the border that the leech doctor and the elders had agreed upon. 

He was lost in his rage, angry that the pack was not able to catch and kill the red-headed leech. 

Getting rid of her and thus keeping La Push safe from any vampire threats.

Paul had paused for a moment at one of the voices that were shouting the vampire's name, and then he had shaken his shock away. If he could not get rid of the redhead yet, at least one of the Cullen's trespassing should be enough for him. 

Paul had then attacked, and Emmett was doing all that he could to fight back.

"Emmett!" the voice that was unknown to the pack had spoken again. 

This voice had caused Paul to stop, but his anger had clouded his judgment. He had eventually stopped when Sam told him to, and when Emmett had made it to his side of the border.

The family was on their way home, and the pack was ready to leave. Both sides had unresolved issues, and they had mutual hate present on both sides. 

"I hate leeches," Paul said to himself. 

The rest of the pack had huffed in agreement with his statement, and then they had left. Paul had really hated the leeches with a burning passion, and they had always made him angry to a point of no return. 

Though, that did not stop Paul from thinking about the voice that had shouted the vampire's name.