7

"I'm Sam Uley, the alpha of the pack," the man who Scarlett now knew as Sam had spoken

She was relieved that there was someone in her mate's pack that wanted to meet her. She had the underlying fear that her mate would hate her, and thus, she would remain alone for the rest of eternity.

She only had one chance at this, and she did not want that the reason that she and her mate can not be together is that she is a vampire. That is the one thing that she would not be able to change about herself. 

When Scarlett had seen her mate, there was one word to describe him. To her, he was hot. Actually, he was perfect in her eyes. When she saw him, she had realized first who he was, her mate. 

Then, mentally, she had thanked every sprit possible for granting her a mate that looked like him. 

When Paul had seen her, it was as if he was seeing her for the first time all over again. When their eyes had met, there were magnets pulling them together, closer to each other. 

Now that he was seeing her face to face, she was an angel in his perspective. She was the epitome of innocence in his mind, and he loved what he was seeing. Even if nature intended for them to be enemies, he sees her as his imprint.

"I'm Scarlett Cullen," his imprint spoke.

Scarlett. 

He would have not imagined that name for her, but he loved that name. He found it perfect for her, and he kept saying her name in his head. 

He wanted this moment to stick in his mind. He never wanted to forget it, this memory would play in his mind on repeat for as long as he lived, and he loved that. 

"I'm Paul Lahote," Paul replied.

When Paul had spoken, he could see that Scarlett had visible shuddered at his voice. That had made him smirk slightly in his mind, he had an effect on his imprint, and it was visible.

When Paul had first spoken, Scarlett's body had shivered even though there was nothing that could make the girl feel cold. She was not affected by the weather at all, and that was due to her vampirism. 

Then, Sam had cleared his throat to get the soulmates to stop looking at each other. 

"Let us discuss first about this situation," Sam had spoken. 

Before Sam spoke, Carlisle was staring at his adopted daughter happily. He was happy that she would be able to experience having a mate, something that everyone in the house had felt, except for her. 

Even if she did not realize it, Carlisle knew that she longed to have a mate. 

She had been alone for a very long time, and due to her being incredibly sheltered because of Emmett and Edward, she had some social issues.

When Sam had spoken, Carlisle had become much more serious. This was something that the leaders of both sides had to discuss since their agreement had to shift slightly.

"We can allow Paul to come to our side of the land," Carlisle spoke formally. 

Scarlett was becoming much more excited that things were moving in a much more positive manner. That both sides are willing to accept and try out this bond. Her excitement was visible when she had begun to bounce in one place.

Sam had nodded at what he had said.

"We will allow Scarlett into our land so long as her," Sam had trailed off. 

He then cleared his throat, and continued, 

 "Diet remains the same," Sam had replied to what Carlisle had said. 

The two leaders had smiled at each other, and Paul had then pulled Scarlett on their side of the land. The two were happy that they were given a chance to be able to try their bond out. 

What they did not expect was to see Jacob Black pouncing on the girl causing her to shout in shock.