6

It had been a week since Scarlett and Paul had met

It had been a week since Scarlett and Paul had met. It had taken a long time, but they finally found the time to see each other with Sam and Carlisle.

Scarlett and Paul were both a nervous wreck. They were going to meet with Sam and Carlisle at the border. This was a situation that needed discussion, and the couple had to be present for all the decisions that the two leaders had made in regard to the two meeting up and their bond.

Paul was so nervous that he had changed five times already, he wanted to look perfect. He was acting in a way that was unlike him, and he did not know what it was about the imprint that had made him act this way. 

He was the hot head of his pack and a ladies man. He was not one to attempt to impress a girl, girls usually fell at his feet. He would pick who he wanted, and that was that. 

This was angering him. 

He was ready to burst into his wolf form and run, but his imprint was more important at the moment. 

Scarlett was not doing any better. Since she was a vampire and could not sleep, she had begun to get ready the second that the sun had begun to rise. 

Scarlett had destroyed her closet and her room looking for something perfect to wear in front of her mate. Even though she had met him and he had seen her, she wanted to look her best. 

"Scarlett, we have to leave now," Carlisle spoke. 

Scarlett's nerves were all over the place, but eventually, she had calmed down enough to rush downstairs and next to Carlisle. 

The two had begun to walk to where Sam and Paul were waiting. 

With Scarlett and Carlisle, there was silence between them. Scarlett was too nervous, she was going to meet her mate. Since he was her natural enemy, she did not know if he would accept the bond in the first place.

Her fear was clouding her mind, and it was not leaving her. 

With Sam and Paul, there was no silence. Paul was talking to Sam as much as he could.

"What did the elders say?" Paul asked.

He needed to know what was going on, and he needed to know if their bond was accepted by the elders. They held all of the knowledge that the pack had needed to know, and this bond was one that needed information to be able to understand if this bond was even accepted in the first place. 

"There has not been a case like this before, at least from what the elders know," Sam spoke with a sigh. 

He wanted to tell Paul that their relationship was one that had happened before, that it was not an eccentric one, but he could not give Paul that comfort.

Paul had then begun to shake, he was angry at this situation. He wanted him and his imprint to have a happy stressfree life, but the greater spirits did not want that for him. He was continued to shake and had thus begun to growl. 

Then, in an instant, he was a wolf. 

It happened so quickly that Sam was not able to comprehend what had occurred until it had already happened. Paul was a wolf right in front of Sam's eyes and then had also come to the realization that the two had made it to the border. 

"Paul, calm down," Sam stated. 

He did not want to turn into a wolf since he expected that the two vampires were almost at the border. He was correct when he had seen that both Carlisle and Scarlett were there.

The two had made it, and when Scarlett had seen the familiar wolf, she had begun to feel excited. That was until he had begun to growl, his anger being one that he was not always able to control.

"Sam," Carlisle said the other man's name. 

Sam's and Paul's heads had snapped to Carlisle, and when Paul had realized that his imprint was here, his wolf form had begun to calm down. The growls that reverberated in his chest had begun to calm down and lessen. 

This was all from just looking at his imprint, and then the wolf had runoff. Paul turning back into a human being and rushing to put a pair of shorts on. 

He overheard his imprint speaking to Sam,

"I'm Scarlett Cullen by the way," she spoke.

Her voice had matched her angelic looks and Paul had thus begun to fall for this vampire.